Soda machine worth adding to small location?

Vendifull

A friend of mine who is aware that I have soda/snacks, asked if I could supply his body shop with a can soda machine.  It is an auto body shop and they only employ 8 people.  The machine would be in the shop and customers would not have access to it.   Doesn't seem worth it to me, but maybe some would think otherwise.  The machine would be located in an area where I have another account.  So I would be in the area to service it.  It would be nice to add some locations in that area.  But when I think about spending money on a machine for this spot, not sure it is worth it.  

Probably not worth it with only 8 employees. If customers could use it as well, possibly. 

As far as buying a machine for it, I've found quite a few deals. I've found dixie narco 276e's for under $300 a few times. 

If you don't invest too much in a smaller machine it could be worth your while to try it.  Some of the smallest accounts will do better than some larger ones you would think would produce more.  You just never know until you try it.

I've been very surprised by locations before, so sometimes it's hard to tell. If you can get a good deal on a machine and somehow talk him into making it accessible to the public you might be able to make a few dollars. Worst case you have a cheap machine being stored until you find a new home for it. 

I am slowly restructuring the business.  If i had a spare can machine, i would give it a try.  If no spare can machine, then no, and i would only do it because the account is close to another.  I have a small metal-cutting factory with about 12 people that is down to about $1,100/year (used to do well over 2k).  I am only holding onto it because i feel like it might boom within the next 12 months.  I also have a fabrication shop with 12 people and it does about $4500/year.  Both are can/snack.

1 hour ago, QuikVend said:

Worst case you have a cheap machine being stored until you find a new home for it. 

I have a couple like that - I was going to dump them but they aren't time consuming, hit them every 4-6 weeks pull a hundred bucks, works for me for now.

I only give them one diet option (shelf life) and they are almost all old Vendo stackers - nothing fancy.

I have a daycare like that. Stuck a vendo 720 (cans and one gatorade) in there. Director is family and he requested a soda machine. The Vendo is pure overkill but I had one available. Does about a $100-120 a month. A little more when the weather is bad, and they are stuck inside.

Archived