dixie narco 501 e giving me a headache

tlsvending

hello

i have a dn501 e that i pulled out of storage and placed on location last week that was working fine everything worked well which was a surprise since its been sitting a couple years but hey great!

went back friday to check on  it and now i cant get the diagnostics to show up past the first layer in the menu  in other words it wont scroll past the HD command

when first entered into menu jc-10 shows up but it only has 9 selections then homing than hd it will scroll through hd giving me all the sales info but cant get to the rest of the menu

any ideas on a solution would be appreciated 

thanks

Several things going on here. As for the button issue, you either have a bad selection switch membrane or the rubber strip between the buttons and the membrane has dry rotted. As for the column set up, the CR2032 battery on the board is bad, then combined with the selection switch issue it thinks there are more columns that there actually is. 

From the back of the buttons, the selection switch membrane is in the metal channel that runs vertically and is held on by a few nuts. Start there, then replace the battery which you can buy just about anywhere for a few dollars. 

thanks for the reply i ordered the rubber strip  yesterday and im taking a step ladder with me next time to check out battery

any idea how it comes out  i havent been able to see the top of the board yet  membrane should be good, replaced that before it went into storage

7 hours ago, Corvus Corax said:

Beware some awesome technicians glue the cr2032 batteries in with hot glue. Then you have to razor blade them out. If you try to wiggle them out you can break the solder connection on the board.

Dixie Narco glues them in.

i will be sure to take a razor with me 

as i mentioned in my welcome post i had gotten some good replys to problems from some experienced vendors 

at that time i had a cs 12 that i was mounting a bill acceptor to. it came out great and havent had a problem with it

here is a photo  i installed it in an old bill changer box and attached it to the side of the machine

275.JPG

Archived