Hi all, just wondering if anyone has gone through this dilemma.  As my vending business grows, I'm starting more and more thinking about incorporating.  I've thought about doing LLC, I've seen it offered off LegalZoom however a friend told me that it would be a big mistake and I'll incur more charges than I normally would if I did the incorporation myself.  What he recommended is doing an S-Corp for pass through.  What do you all recommend? Thanks.

I went with llc. Look up your secretary of states website. They'll have all the documents you'll need, without the extra fees those websites will charge. I did all of mine online and paid $90 I believe to cover the registration fees

I can't say which is better, depends on your business and needs, but I will say avoid Legal zoom. I used them and regretted it. They're over priced, and for no good reason. Even a licensed CPA can do things cheaper, they could probably answer any questions you have as to which set up is best for you too. 

I had a local accounting office set me up back in 2010.  It was far easier to let them just tell me what to sign and what to call the business than to do it all myself.  Plus, this particular accountant had experience with setting up vendors so I was instructed to get my transient vendor's license (which I didn't know at the time).  Their expertise, if they have it, is worth every penny they charge.  I think I paid a few hundred bucks in the end.

You have to look at local laws.  Some states don't recognize single person LLC.