Bulk Vending Website Template/Ideas?

TheSnackShackVendingLLC

Not sure where exactly to put this, so if it's in the wrong place just move it... Don't forget to let me know where it is though haha

Anyone know of any decent templates for a bulk vending website? Or wanna do a collab on making one? My thoughts are, a contact of course, maybe something in 'real time' where potential customers can ask questions, and possibly even contact for service, out of order etc...

Feature a page with the products you put in your machines... Maybe even a 'request' function...

An 'About Us' page of course...

A portion of a page that stands out letting them know they don't have to do anything, we do all the work, and there's no cost to them, ever, to add that 'luxury' to their waiting customers... haha

Also, a good place to show any charities or organizations we donate too, or are a part of...

Just a thought...

Very true.  It's rare locations will find you on the web.  I have a website, only to make my project look professional.  Maybe the locations i do biz with, will eventually go on the site just to check it out.  Maybe customers will visit the site too.  I have my URL and contact info on my vending machines, using labels etc.  I created my site more than 1 year ago, and got 1 new location from it, from a random business owner browsing the web...but didn't create it for new location potential; again...created it to make my project look 'more professional'...and legitimate, etc.

Well that's my meaning honestly... It's not for customers... Not really talking about building one to attract locations... However, what I had in mind was... Follow me on this scenario...

I walk into Dragon's business... Let's say for this scenario, it's a hardware store... With ZERO candy machines in it... I walk in, talk to Dragon for a bit, tell him what my business model is, and seeing if he'd mind I set a machine out... So Dragon likes the idea and says 'sure we'll try it out!'... I give Dragon a card, with my URL on it, email, phone numbers, service number, etc. 

Fast forward... I'm in my shop a day or 2 later going through inventory trying to find the best of the best to put out at Dragon's hardware store. In the time, Dragon gets curious, and goes to my website to snoop around and learn more about my business... He sees the different kinds of bulk machines, he can look at all the candy I stock, etc. I may be sitting in my shop cleaning out a vendesign machine thinking that's what he'd like, when he calls me and says he wants a full line instead... 

Something along those lines... I don't care that the people that pump the quarters in the machines know I even exist... But Dragon, he's the one I wanna make sure is happy, and can make requests like that, because, if he's happy, I'm making money... 

I honestly don't understand how "Sorry, not how things work." can be an All In One answer for this post... Not when I've seen so many members on here alone with a website... Now don't get me wrong, I'm not being snappy... But things may not work that way in your part of the world, but I've noticed 10 vending companies here, in my state, all have websites, list their products, and many of the things I mentioned... I saw 2 that even has a database, that their locations can sign up and request service, or 'change of product'... 

The south is known for it's hospitality... So this might actually be exactly how it ends up working... Only one way to find out.

I think so many people skim over a topic just to get to the reply box. "Sorry, not how things work." just isn't an acceptable answer for me. Sorry.

You may be 100% right... In which case, I'll personally come back here and tell you, 'you were 100% right' lmfao

There is a world of difference between bulk vending and full size vending. Full size vending does require a web presence. Bulk vending has basically two parts; commercial and charity.

Charity vending is all face to face with location owners. They are not searching the web for some guy to plunk down a double head machine in their business. "Sales" (locating)  are made the first 15 seconds of your conversation, either the prospect likes you and trusts you and wants to help you or not. They do not care much what is actually in the machine. They think they are supporting a good cause at no cost to them. Never ever let a charity location choose the product, it will almost always be cashews or M&M peanuts. Neither of which is a path to profit. Charity locating is very slam bam. There are telemarketers that do a good job (Rodney is one of them). But again, the sale hook is the charity not your vending business. And in charity vending if the location thinks your motive is your profit you will make no sales.

Commercial bulk is different. Local, Mom & Pops ( if your area still has some) are very old school. They want to see YOU. They don't care about some glitzy web page. Corporate sales are different. Corporate sales require lots of research. You need to visit locations and judge them, visit with management to get them on your side. You work your way through the gate keepers until you get to the decision maker(s). The talk will be about expected revenue, service issues, liability, commission.  You need a profession presentation and good closing skills. It is all about the money. Your Dun & Bradstreet rating will be more important than a glitzy web page. The buyers are smarter than that.

Ok, after all that, yes a web presence could help if you are a commercial bulk vending operator. I had one for years. Maybe someone along the way looked at it. But I never got a commercial lead off the page that was worth pursuing. Yes I had the random guy wanting to start an arcade, or second and store, school carnival type thing. But I never had one worthwhile commercial lead via web page.

This is the long answer. I tend to give the short uncomfortable ones because: easy and truthful. Bulk vending is a very old school business.

Data processing in general: I have been using computers for over 30 years, before most people even knew there were such things. I started on a Commador and moved to a Tandy 1000 with a blistering clock speed of 8mhz.  was living large. I used data processing because I was, from the beginning, a commercial operator, charity came after as fill in. I needed it at to handle taxes and commission reports efficiently. So I have fiddled with computers a very long time. With that in  mind I will say to you; if you intend to always be a charity operator you need a 8 1/2 X 11 yellow pad and a clip board. If you intend to be a commercial operator, well you need to learn something about data bases and spreadsheets, they will help you manage product rotation, taxes and commissions.

I built my first web page myself, and a couple that followed. It is not hard. But it has never been worth the bother of building it, having it hosted and maintaining it. In retrospect the web page was an ego thing. It was never a valuable tool.

@musser THANK YOU! That was an answer, that I can understand clearly... And it makes so much more sense, now that I see HOW you arrived at your 'not how things work' response... And I'd even be willing to say you're right... Because I can see exactly what you mean... Mom & Pop shops are where most of my machines are right now... And I could see them not giving a rat's rear end about a website, or as you said (what REALLY made the most sense) what's in the machines...

Thank you again, for elaborating on your post, and for the clarification... I appreciate it!

Thank you and I should apologize. I forget that what seems so obvious to me is just familiarity with the subject. I forget that someone brand new, is brand new.

I am glad you still have Mom & Pops in your area. They may not be the highest volume locations but if you treat them right they are the most loyal. The hardest thing I have to do is find employees that have that natural ability to engage people. There are times when I ride along, not just to see how people do things but while they are servicing the machines I talk and visit with the location owner. We all have things in common. If you can find out what you have in common with location owners and relate to them it is golden. And, I really do enjoy talking to small business owners we already share a lot of challenges and worries.

3 hours ago, musser said:

Thank you and I should apologize. I forget that what seems so obvious to me is just familiarity with the subject. I forget that someone brand new, is brand new.

I am glad you still have Mom & Pops in your area. They may not be the highest volume locations but if you treat them right they are the most loyal. The hardest thing I have to do is find employees that have that natural ability to engage people. There are times when I ride along, not just to see how people do things but while they are servicing the machines I talk and visit with the location owner. We all have things in common. If you can find out what you have in common with location owners and relate to them it is golden. And, I really do enjoy talking to small business owners we already share a lot of challenges and worries.

Indeed... It's sad to see so many mom and pop shops having to shut their doors because corporate America is killing them off... It's just sad... Mom & Pop shops made this country... Luckily here, in my town they thrive because of the culture that still exists... They're not as plentiful as they used to be, but... Still hanging on... I'm a people person myself... My wife says I can walk into a room with 50 strangers, and leave out with 55 friends... (Her math isn't the greatest lol) Mom & Pop shops are so much more rewarding to go in and be able to visit and get to know them, because these are people in my community... 

Anyway, No apology needed at all. I do thank you for your help, and your insight though, it's very much needed, and appreciated... As well as respected!

Archived