Does anyone else see a lot of small healthy vending routes go for big bucks??

It seems like I am constantly seeing routes with not that many machines, but they claim high sales - go for big bucks. I personally am not interested in them, and they seem WAY overpriced to me, does anyone know what the deal is with these things? Are these the result of someone paying a "buy new machine with location" guy too much? 

Even worse... they all seem to be Chinese machines... it seems? Here's a link to an overpriced one: https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/Fort-Worth-Vending-Business/1458065/?d=/wEFKSUyZnZlbmRpbmctbWFjaGluZS1idXNpbmVzc2VzLWZvci1zYWxlJTJm

Just now, QuikVend said:

More than likely the person selling is trying to recoup their large investment. Basically passing the bad deal on to the next schmuck.

That's what it seems like to me... granted it seems like all of them claim big revenue numbers and "once every two weeks service!!"... yet I look at the small combo machines and wonder how the revenue numbers could match their servicing intervals...

5 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

Alot of pumping up the numbers and truth stretching. Anything to get out of the "deals" they probably financed thinking they were going to get rich selling healthy snacks from a combo

Lol ya. Poor guys, funny thing is they actually sell them though. I would never be able to pass along such a terrible investment to an "unknowing" person. When I first got into vending there was one for sale and the numbers were great so I emailed the guy, he said he already sold it... in hindsight THANK GOD!!! 

5 minutes ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I mean heck, where do you even buy your "big selection" of healthy products???  Vistar? - NTY!!! Not to mention the "entree" machines... what's next - having to buy a freezer truck as a small startup??!!

A terrible investmen indeed...

The "entree" units are ambient, no refrigeration. So you are limited to shelf stable stuff, like ramen and canned soup and chili bowls.

1 minute ago, orsd said:

The "entree" units are ambient, no refrigeration. So you are limited to shelf stable stuff, like ramen and canned soup and chili bowls.

Ah. Still though, it amazes me that stuff like that can be an ongoing success. It seems like you'd have to have a giant account for items like Chili bowls to be successful... in which case a combo machine does you no good anyway! 

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Ah. Still though, it amazes me that stuff like that can be an ongoing success. It seems like you'd have to have a giant account for items like Chili bowls to be successful... in which case a combo machine does you no good anyway! 

Which is why do don't like these POS and think that they are a scam.

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

You are correct... these healthy vending deals are rarely anywhere close to a success.  Last one I saw in my area landed 6 YMCA locations to start, but was bankrupt in less than 6 months... I was approached to take over, when I spoke to the parent company about doing a deal to operate their machines, they made it clear the only concern was that I buy their franchise, the actual location and operation was not something they cared about...

11 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

You are correct... these healthy vending deals are rarely anywhere close to a success.  Last one I saw in my area landed 6 YMCA locations to start, but was bankrupt in less than 6 months... I was approached to take over, when I spoke to the parent company about doing a deal to operate their machines, they made it clear the only concern was that I buy their franchise, the actual location and operation was not something they cared about...

So out of curiosity, what kind of terms did they tell you? It sounds like the bankrupt business/seller was 100% not backed by this "healthy vending" franchise? 

These "Healthy Vending" operations are all about selliing some sucker their program, not quality machines or accounts.  They could give a Rats-Behind if you make money or not, so long they get their start-up fee.  Most of these suckers try to sell their route once they see that it is not profitable and use the same "Pumped Up" numbers and figures to sell to the next sucker and recoup their losses.  Most just fade off into the sunset leaving abandoned machines everywhere.  I laugh when I hear the ads on the radio claiming "get started in vending and make $100k".  Uhhhhh...yeah right!  LOL! :) 

I would have had to buy the franchise and it’s assets from the old operators at whatever they wanted, and pay the parent company a transfer fee, then whatever franchise fees they would normally get.   I didn’t go any further because I don’t need the franchise model for my business.

Archived