DEX

I believe I am far away from using DEX, but the big vendors on this forum mention it all the time. I do not quite understand what it is/the benefits... does anyone care to explain? Also, I'd love to hear why you choose to use it for your business vs... not using it?

Of course, for me right now having a small route, I think DEX does me no good as I pretty much can forecast sales in my head. 

DEX stands for Data EXchange, it's the NAMA protocol for vending machine sales data transfers, which is what makes it possible for any machine that's up to the standard to use any up to standard telemetry (USAT, Nayax, etc) to send the sales data to any up to standard software (ParLevel, etc).   Using DEX data gets you beyond forecasting, so when you are getting ready to go service you can know exactly how many of each item has been sold since your last service.  With a good backend software you can optimize machines based on the solid sales data, weaning out the bad products and increasing the good ones without having to depend on your (probably better than my) memory... surprised you aren't playing with it already since you have some card readers out....

You would do yourself a massive favor by doing two things: try to acquire only machines that are MDB and report cash sales (which means they DEX properly), and get good accounts doing at least $100/week per machine.  If you follow that, it won't be a big deal to add card readers and transition to prekitting.  I am going through an overhaul to be more efficient.

Archived