Coinco Mag 50 B Steady Light But Wont Pull In Bill All the Way

fhamann

Hello,

I have a soda machine that has a Coinco MAG50B bill validator that was working fine until recently.  The symptom of the problem is as follows:

When a bill is inserted, the MAG50B pulls in the bill about 1/3" and immediately pushes it back out.  The indicator light on the back of the MAG50B is on steady which means "Steady light indicates normal operation."  I recycled the power, resat the bill box and checked the bottom bill path several times.  The problem remains.

What do you think is causing this problem?  How can it be fixed?

regards,
Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

I am testing this MAG50B with my bench tester.  I cleaned the various bill sensors (photo cells?) and their corresponding red and clear plastic lenses.  When inserted, the bill is detected at the very beginning by the two sensors and is pulled in.  Once the bill gets to the first center sensor (with a red lens about 1/3 inch in) it is immediately pushed back out.  I don't think this has anything to do with worn out belts.  The belts are relatively new.  I suspect the first center sensor is defective?

regards,

Frank

You need to send it to someone or me that knows what they are doing so properly repair this unit.  Just because you have a bench tester does not make you capable of repairing it.  I'm sure it needs new belts, maybe a lower sensor board, probably a new elevator just for starters.  Then it gets tested after the new belts are on to see if the drive motor is strong enough to pull bills in at the proper speed.  If not then it needs a new drive motor.  If it has a stacker problem then it could also need a stacker board and /or motor.

Archived