What would you guys do with this machine?

Hi all! I have an FSI model 3179 (for some reason I am completely unable to share pics anymore, Vendiscuss tells me my max size for a pic is .08MB... I think that's like next-to-nothing..

Anyways! The machine is all there, but there are some caveats.

It has no bill acceptor or coin mech, it only has this little barcode scaning device on it.

Basically, it needs someone who knows what they're doing to make it a slave machine and link it up to another machine. But I don't know how much that would cost, no idea...

I have several Wittern 3500's, it seems to me that the FSI and the Wittern share a lot of common parts. 

I was thinking about selling the machine for $50 to anyone who wanted it, but then I realized that may not be the best idea? Heck, the compressor looks and works like new, that alone might be worth some $$? Not sure which direction to go with this machine, what would you all do?

On a sidenote - I do like slave machines, I've had luck with my other USI slaves. 

I think that is compatible with a snack with an F80 board.  If so, you just need the umbilical cord.  You just need to see if you have a compatible machine and call vendnet with both model numbers (to confirm compatibility) and order the cord *IF* the snack machine doesn't already have it.  I'm not sure about the barcode scanning thing though.  I have never seen one in person.

1 hour ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Hi all! I have an FSI model 3179 (for some reason I am completely unable to share pics anymore, Vendiscuss tells me my max size for a pic is .08MB... I think that's like next-to-nothing..

Just open a Flickr account. Then you can paste the url of the picture here and it will automatically embed the image in your post.

That is a BC6 from a gym.  I've seen them before.  The machines are set up by USI for this purpose so check with them on the conversion.  I doubt it's cheap to do because you'll need some door parts to put it back to a slave machine.  If you have others like it you might just part it out for spare parts.

Archived