Cannot Change Price

wpeej

I have a Royal Vendors GIII Coke machine that had a price set of 99.99 for all selections when I bought it used (I think someone jacked up all the settings). I tried changing the price in "SPri" but when I hit enter, it says "LOC" which I assume means locked. How do I unlock it? I tried entering the Configuration menu, but it too says "LOC"...any suggestions?

You have a password set in the board and since you don't know it you will need to call Royal and see if there is a workaround.  It may require that the Timekeeper chip be removed and then be powered up but there may be some different way to reset the board to factory default settings that they can tell you.

Thanks for the reply! I do have the password to get into the other settings (such as refrigeration settings), I just can't change the price or configuration settings (like changing from single price to multi-price).  I'll see if I can reset the board. Thanks for the tip!

unplug the machine then remove the battery.  That will default the board. Replace battery after 5 minutes.  Make sure config 1 2 4 are on  Other than the first password of 43214 try 3456 in config mode.

unplug the machine then remove the battery.  That will default the board. Replace battery after 5 minutes.  Make sure config 1 2 4 are on  Other than the first password of 43214 try 3456 in config mode.

MACHINE (C1-C10) CONFIGURATION MODE If (ENTER) is pressed at the “Con” prompt, the controller will enter the machine configuration mode by displaying “C1-1,” which designates configuration option number 1. If (ABORT) is pressed while at the “Cn” level, the controller will return to the code level. Pressing (UP) or (DOWN) will allow the selection of available configuration options. Pressing (ENTER) will change the display to “Cn X” where “n” is the configuration number and “X” is the current status of the option. The status is changed using (UP) or (DOWN). Pressing (ENTER) saves the status of the current option and returns the user to the “Cn” prompt, while pressing (ABORT) returns to the “Cn” prompt without saving. From the “Con” prompt, press (UP) to proceed to the next prompt “CCOC”. Royal Vendors recommended E.V.S. configuration settings: Con 1 - (1) Multi price Con 2 - (1) Opt features on Con 3 - (0) Greeting displayed Con 4 - (0) Open Door Totals disabled Con 5 - (0) Mis reset Con 7 - (0) Five minute timer used Con 8 - (1) Force attempt enabled Con 9 - (0) Multi purchase disabled Con 10 - (0) Bill escrow Single/Multi-Price This configuration chooses between the single-price and multi-price settings by pressing (UP) or (DOWN). In the single-price mode, the price of selection (0) will be used for all selections. In the multi-price mode (1), each selection can be set to a different price. If X = 1, Multi-pricing is used. If X = 0, Single-pricing is used.

SELECTION PRICE SETTING MODE If (ENTER) is pressed at the “PrIC” prompt, the controller will enter the selection price setting mode. The display will show “Pr 1” if the machine is in multi-price mode, or “SPrI” if the machine is in single-price mode. The G-III Vender is shipped from the factory in multi-price mode with a .75 cent vend price. Notes: 1. In the single-price mode, the price for selection 1 is the price for all selections. Single-price is displayed as “SPrI” instead of “Pr1” as a reminder to the operator that the machine is currently in single-price mode. In the multi-price mode, individual selection prices can be changed using the (UP) and (DOWN) to display “PrXX,” where ‘XX’ is the selection number, or choose “ALL” to change the prices for all selections. If (ENTER) is pressed, the display will show the current price for the displayed selection. Using (UP) or (DOWN) will increase or decrease the price. Holding (UP) or (DOWN) for more than five seconds will cause the price to change at 10 times the normal rate. When the desired price is on the display, pressing (ENTER) will save that price, while pressing (ABORT) will return to the selection level without saving. Press the (UP) button to proceed to the next prompt “StS”.

Archived