Quick books?

I have Quickbooks 2011 and I have used it since I bought it.  However, I am looking into getting either a different software or something in conjunction with it such as parlevel like southeast treats mentioned.  I haven't done much research yet but my issue is simply trying to manage the logistics side of things.  I am moving toward updating all of my equipment and adding card readers wherever applicable, so taking advantage of telemetry is a no-brainer.

You can manage inventory through quickbooks (at least the one I have) but it is very cumbersome to do.  Quickbooks just isn't designed for vending and I don't know if any version of it ever was designed with vending in mind.  For example, I cannot attach sales tax to individual machines... so figuring out sales tax requires me to go account-by-account based off of their respective county (about 6 counties I deal with) and add everything up and make sure it balances.  If you have a small operation, quickbooks is absolutely fine.  You'll just need to do a little more work on your end to take care of the rest of the info.  If you have a route large enough (say 60+ machines and at least 1 full-time route) then you should really invest into something that was designed for vending.  I don't know what I am going to do yet, but I will definitely be making changes as it relates to accounting in the near future.

I use quick books 2006. Works great. Although I don’t track product I do track equipment, sales and locations with it. I also break down taxable and non taxable product sold per location/machine which makes it super easy to compute my quarterly sales tax.  The locations and the equipment placed are tracked in “list”. 

6 hours ago, sphincorp said:

2011, great for invoices....was gonna upgrade, but so used to the ease of what i have.... maybe 1 more year...lol

I keep saying the same thing.  I'm happy with what quickbook does for basic bookkeeping but I need something more catered to vending now.

13 hours ago, cblomqui said:

I saw on vending market watch that Parlevel integrated with quickbooks.

That's cool if it does.. but I wonder if "integrating" simply means that the information can be imported/exported between the two or if it means that there's a more intuitive integration where you only have to use one program at a time and not both separately.

Archived