ca sales and use tax return

cherlen

I live in California I am making payments on a vending route that I acquired in april 2017. I have 6 locations some are in different counties. I am getting ready to file my sales and use tax return. I am so confused. My first question is what is taxable. when reading it states some products are partially taxable and some are fully taxable. I understand that different cities have different taxes. sometimes I buy my sodas at grocery stores when they are on sale. If I buy my sodas in one county and then put the sodas in a machine that is in a different county how do i figure the tax.  ( I have paid sales tax on everything I have purchased)  where I live we pay 10.25% sales tax but I sell products in a city that is 9.5% and 7.750%. so say I buy 10 cases of sodas and pay the crv and 10.25% sales tax at time of purchase, then I drive to one of my locations load up my machine and sell the sodas, but this cities tax is 7.750%. Then does that means I overpaid the sales tax for these sales. Is that right? how do i put that on the return. Also what is taxable I saw somewhere it said partially taxable and fully taxable. What do I do about crv

I was hoping someone who does full line would answer, since I have no idea, but I do  know an hour with a cpa  would probably not cost too much and could probably answer your questions. I know of a cpa in La cañada that was reasonable if you want her contact info, not sure what part of CA you're in. 

Archived