I want to make my Rowe 4900 CC Reader Capable

I have an account where I am stuck with an upstairs, no elevator, Rowe. The account doesn't do enough for me to be able to afford moving a machine down/upstairs. 

I believe the Rowe is a basic 4900 in all aspects, not upgraded at all. I guess I have a few questions, kind of wrapped into one:....

1) What solutions do you veterans offer for this? 2) Can I install it myself (As far as being a handyman, I'm a 2.5-3.5..... as far as being a Vending handyman, I'm a 1.75-2.75) 3) How much will it cost me (excluding the reader) to get the updated board, other stuff, etc. and get this machine ready to have a CC reader plugged into it?! 

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I have an account where I am stuck with an upstairs, no elevator, Rowe. The account doesn't do enough for me to be able to afford moving a machine down/upstairs. 

I believe the Rowe is a basic 4900 in all aspects, not upgraded at all. I guess I have a few questions, kind of wrapped into one:....

1) What solutions do you veterans offer for this? 2) Can I install it myself (As far as being a handyman, I'm a 2.5-3.5..... as far as being a Vending handyman, I'm a 1.75-2.75) 3) How much will it cost me (excluding the reader) to get the updated board, other stuff, etc. and get this machine ready to have a CC reader plugged into it?! 

MAYBE a little higher on the ratings I gave myself, but I don't want to confuse the situation and make me sound more handy than I am!!

New board will cost $315-415 depending on if you want the drop sensor and you will need a mdb coin mech and validator, so maybe another $2-250. I have to think it would be cheaper to swap in a different machine with a mover than to update that machine. 

38 minutes ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Sounds like it's just not worth it. Dang it!

Of course, it depends on the cost to have it replaced, but it would be cheaper for me to replace the machine than it would be to upgrade.  I am rowe-free!!

17 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Of course, it depends on the cost to have it replaced, but it would be cheaper for me to replace the machine than it would be to upgrade.  I am rowe-free!!

You lucky SOB! Lol

18 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Rowes were very well built machines but unfortunately their electronics were for the birds.  The last one I owned I scraped (just too old to fool with).  I can't figure out why you'd want to upgrade this dinosaur given that the account is so marginal it doesn't justify the cost of a mover.   You'd basically be starting from scratch with the board, coin mech and bill validator, (at least a grand)  this doesn't make much sense monitarily.

42 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

You lucky SOB! Lol

Lol.  I had four at one point.  I had a lektovend and gave it away.  I had 3 USI 5/7's and finally scrapped the last one a week ago.  I just scrapped an old vendo machine... really old.  I think it was a lowering shelf model.  I still need to get rid of three polyvends, two AP 4000's, one AP 5000, and an AP 430.  In reality, i could cancel most of the accounts with these machines. And about 10 national 145/146's.

16 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I just counted... about 109 machines on location with about 10 more in the garage, and I have probably ditched 20 machines in the last 12 months.  So you have almost as many machines as I have.

True, but your sales are probably double what mine are right now. I'd like to pick up a handful of solid accounts in the next few months and start trimming the fat and dump these slower accounts.

2 hours ago, QuikVend said:

True, but your sales are probably double what mine are right now. I'd like to pick up a handful of solid accounts in the next few months and start trimming the fat and dump these slower accounts.

I only need maybe 6 more hours of moves and I'll be done for a while.  I'll be able to focus on machine upgrade kits, CC readers, and so on..  I am supposed to get the UCB soon but they said national drop sensors were back-ordered.

Archived