theinvestor

Need help for investment

I am a young entrepreneur with idea for my small town. I'd like to start a walk-in arcade in town, for the only way to play arcade games is in Walmart or chuck-e-cheese. Nothing wrong with doing that, but, its not the same experience as playing in a real arcade. one has too many little kids screaming, and the other is low budget. So i'd like to start a real arcade one with coin pushers, claw machines, retro/old bow games and new games. Yet just as any younger investor my budget is low so I need help finding $80-$500 games in Texas. so please help me with my dream of owning an arcade 

I've been looking into doing more or less the same in my area. Do yourself a favor and look into all the laws and potential liabilities before buying machines. Filing an LLC might be hundreds of dollars alone. One thing I was thinking, to not have to buy all of your own machines just yet, is to get machine owners to place their games in your space for a 50/50 split, until you can start replacing them with your own machines.

Thanks, any more information I should know about.

Edited by theinvestor

37 minutes ago, BookCrate said:

I've been looking into doing more or less the same in my area. Do yourself a favor and look into all the laws and potential liabilities before buying machines. Filing an LLC might be hundreds of dollars alone. One thing I was thinking, to not have to buy all of your own machines just yet, is to get machine owners to place their games in your space for a 50/50 split, until you can start replacing them with your own machines.

That is a great idea BookCrate. 

You are going to need quite a bit of working capital. Whether that is cash or a loan, is up to you, but at the end of the day, this is going to require significant upfront investment.

For decent stuff that people actually want to play, you are looking at north of 1000 per piece.

Also, not may grown folks want to play at an arcade, and neither do teens, as most have pretty decent entertainment options at home, whether it be a game console or a PC.

So, not targeting little kids may be a very big blunder, as they are the main customer base for an arcade/FEC (Family Entertainment Center, like a Chuck E Cheese's)

In Texas, forming an LLC is 300 dollars. To run amusements, you will have to have a license from the Comptroller that costs 200 a year plus 60 per machine. Also, you should be very careful with pushers. What part of Texas are you in?

about 2 years ago I decided I wanted to get into vending so I bought a bunch of vending machines then I decided I didnt want to travel all over to many places so I rented a building, painted it crazy inside then I put in 4 vending machines and decided to get a couple arcade games  I am so happy I did people love the old fashion arcade again. a lot of people told me no one goes to arcades anymore because they have modern systems at home well gamers and non gamers still like to get out and play the real machines so dont let modern technology stop you. I started out with old traditional arcade games and some bulk vending that I picked up as cheap as possible on craigslist I started with about 10 machines and without any advertising just a sign out front and word of mouth people started coming thru the door i gradually add a machine when I find a deal so dont feel like you have to have it all at once I have found that by introducing a different machine every few months perks their interest more to come back and see whats new so start out slow, build as you can, and you can start it and get it rolling with very small investment.

• Like 1