1800 Vending Triple-Head - Skittles Mis-Vending Solution?

bulknoob

Hi all,

I'm running 1800 triple-heads and have had a couple customers complain that Skittles (and chiclets gum tabs) are vending inconsistently, like one customer will get the standard amount, and the next will get barely any. I think this is a product of two factors, the customers are turning the crank too fast, and possibly from candy pieces slipping under the adjustable separators between the candy compartments in the portioning wheel. The separators don't go all the way to the bottom of the compartments and I can imagine some of the skittles may be slipping underneath. I'm planning on putting a sign on the machines that reads "Turn crank slower for more candy" or something similar, but was curious if anyone else had encountered this and if so, if they'd found a fix.

Thanks everyone.

There are three "candy compartments (openings)" on the wheel. One of those three compartments needs to be directly over the chute when you complete the vend. That is what I am referring to as timed correctly. If the compartment is only partially over chute when you complete the vend then you may only get partial candy one vend and then full candy the next vend. Also you state in your first comment that the candy wheel may not be sitting flat on the bottom of the hopper. If that is the case why is it not sitting flat?

The candy wheel has an adjustable partition system so you can adjust the amount per vend; that partition doesn’t extend all the way down to the bottom of the candy compartment. If its a defect, its a design defect. 

I would think you’d want the opening under the main candy recepticle to make sure it fills while the wheel is at rest? I’m going to have to do some testing either way to resolve this issue. Will let everyone know what I find. 

I am guessing your candy wheel looks similar to the one below. The metal portion adjustment should extend to the bottom of the hopper just as the wheel does because if it doesn't it really defeats the purpose of the portion control setting. Honestly these wheels are so shallow I have my portion settings wide open (the 7 position) on most candies.

image.png.b52e402e265144603c36bdbba6dcbce6.png

Looking at this wheel you should have one opening over the chute after each completed vend and the other two are being filled with product waiting for the next vend. Make sure you have your brush off plate (thing with the springs) facing the right direction. It should be covering the chute with the springs facing the back of the machine.

image.png

Archived