bulk machines with cc readers, bill acceptors and mobile payments.

kierowcabombowca

The world is probably turning from bill/ coin payments to mobile/credit card payments. Maybe i am right, maybe i am wrong. Probably I'm right.So what's with the future of bulk vending when coins were no longer in usage in future? I haven't heard many about plans of manufacturers to produce single machines with cc readers or mobile payments on it. but i know that some single machines of portuguese manufacturer clenport are equipped with nayax readers who are cc readers and if they are cc readers so they may as well be mobile payments able i think. the downside is  that they are for selling coffee capsules so they're for higher cost payments( coffe capsules are costly). Look on Clenport www and you will find this machine. Clenport is producer of bulk machines , but they're for different bulk popular in UK , Spain or Portugal( snacks in pots, Pringles). Lastly i come across google and find some images of japan 100 yen panty machines. The panty machines were 2 inch beavers with.... bill acceptors builted in it. they have knob but next to knob was builted 100 yen bill acceptor. You must google it yourself because now i don't remember what words I was typing in google to find those images in Google graphics. And don't know if that bill acceptor was made by beaver and if it was manufacture set. But it tells us that electronic single machines are technically can be done. So what are your thoughts? Do end of coins means end of bulk machines, or maybe start of new period of modern bulk vending with modern electronic payments. I know that if electronic can be applied to mechanical machine it mustn't mean that it may be profitable. But on the other side it may mean that you can selling products with higher price points, for example 4 inch toys with added value for many much more, you are not limited by the coinage, it can motivate manufacturers to produce new models of machines for example 4 inch, 3 inch etc. It can revive popular candy machines in your usa market where I know that cog of candy is to high for 25 c and 50 c can be perceived as to costly for few candies. but imagine that with mobile payments you can sell few candies for 30 c. But I am also afraid that it can start price wars for two vendors in the same location, because one can want be cheaper than competitor, now with coins price wars are can't be done. another point: with electronic you are not limited to coins in pockets of patron. Now paatron can do purchase only if he have particular coin/coins in pocket. With mobile payments he is not limited with particular coins. What are your thoughts on this subject?

USD/ coins will not be replaced. It would be decades to even get to the possibility of replacing paper with coins let alone digital currency. Multiple reasons for it that I don’t have the time to get into. This also comes from a crypto currency investor (even though I have sold all of my coin as of beginning of January besides a little ICO) so I do have somewhat a belief in digital currency but not anywhere close to what the manics believe. 

Just to humor you if it were to happen for the most part, yes traditional bulk would be dead. You can’t invest $400+ dollars per machine (possibly per head) plus ongoing WiFi costs, plus transaction fees to sell a few pieces of candy.  

I doubt they will do that anytime soon. It would kill basically all cash businesses. Amazon may be trying to kill it but it may be a long time or never. I would fight agianst that if it was not just for my bulk machines but for privacy concerns

• 2 weeks later...

This idea is already available on racks from several suppliers.  Single heads won't be a viable option for to many decades. 

If you're really concerned,  just invest in snack machines and sell bulk product out of it,  or go to cranes,  merchandisers and simular. 

Who's going to use a c.f. reader on a single head? The trans cost alone wouldn't be worth it unless you were selling gold or precious metals. 

Archived