Trouble with ap 6000 vending machine

Repairman

I have a AP 6000 snack machine that is going nuts.  It will let you price   selection button some times. You shut the door and the machine digital display starts  running prices up buy itself or some columns will "stutter" ' Then the machine will beep a long beep that last until you shut off the machine or it decides to stop the beep by itself. You then may lose  the pricing or when you shut door it will vend some columns by itself. It goes nuts.   It will take $1 bill and vend product  or just steal the money.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               I have unplugged the display light on the door. I have unplugged the validator. I replaced the main  original board  with  2 more boards that were repaired by a well known repair station I have used for 25 years. I replaced the changer. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Would the little power board have anything to do with it?   Button assembly? The power box with the on off switch on it not putting out wrong step down  voltage for some reason. This has happened with other 2 other AP 6000/7000 machines in the past year and I had to pull them . Do not have another machine to replace this one.

You are throwing out confusing information.  Did the other two machines in the past year do this in the same location as this machine?  If so then you have a location power problem such as brown outs.  If this is different machines in different locations then these are probably different problems.  

You call yourself Repairman but you aren't apparently following proper diagnostics.  Always start with the power input.  Look for a ground on the power plug and clean power at the outlet with no leakage to ground.  Check for a damaged power cord, cord not grounded in the machine and check all of the various grounds in the machine.  Make sure your coin mech doesn't have a metal back on it.  Use the 7600 manual to verify your power outputs from the power supply and into the logic board.  Disable the gum/mint tray and see if that fixes it.  Otherwise you will be hunting for a hidden shorted wire somewhere.  Start on the shelves and look for motor wire polarity too.  Look at the keypad harness as it's real easy to pinch it.

I recently had an AP6000 doing much of what you described. I started with the wall plug. It had a faulty ground. The location swore the ground was good even though my tester showed bad. In the meantime I replace the board, bulb to led, line filters, selection board by the door switch, bill and coin to no avail. Finally the location fix f the wall plug and I still had issues. The last two things I did was to replace the led bulb with a fluorescent bulb and replaced the power supply. Not sure what did it built the machine has been working great since then. 

The reason I just threw parts at it was because it was a 25 mile drive out of my way each time and they where threatening to replace me. The whole time I was sure it was the ground issue but I had to show them I was truly trying to fix the issue. I really learned nothing from the ordeal as I don’t know for sure what fixed it. The power supply checked out good with my meter but I noticed the led bulb had an intermittent flicker. 

The machines were at 3 different facilities. I looked at the button pad  assembly on this particular machine and checked to see if there where  good clean connections.   Seemed to be a good connections and all the buttons worked when pushed.   Am going to check main power cord for damage and also check for bad ground. Some body told me that  the ballast on this machine still sends out power and even though the bulb and starter are removed it will still interfere and cause surges. It must be unplugged at power source. Will try that also.

Archived