Dixie Narco 8 select 501 SII-D

wegroup

I've never had a problem with this machine until now.  The display reads "wait."  Power is getting to the coin mech (coinco quantum), and dbv (coinco BA-50), however, neither is accepting.  After pressing red mode button, I cannot enter menu, still displays "wait."  Locked up.  Powered down vendor, waited a couple of minutes, powered back on, and display still reads "wait."  Machine is cold, just not taking money.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry for the slow follow-up.  Powered down unit, disconnected battery, let set for a couple of minutes, reconnected battery, restored power, same problem.  Should I believe that the board needs to be replaced?  Thanks 

The door switch is working because Wait won't show unless the board sees the door switch change position from service to vending.  Wait is not supposed to even be on longer than a machine self check so the board is definitely bad.

After replacing the board, I still had the wait on the display. After reading AZVendor's post about how the machine was doing a self-check during the wait, I realized that maybe something else was amiss.  After unplugging the coin mech, the display changed from wait to the proper message.  I replaced the coin mech, and the problem was solved.  This is an example on my part to jumping to conclusions without properly addressing the issue in the correct order.  Hopefully, others can learn from my mistake without making the same mistake.

Archived