Bill Validator Mounting Hardware for AP 6600

fhamann

I have an old AP 6600 snack machine.  It currently has a Coinco BA30 validator that is jammed in place with no screws because the previous owner did not have the correct mounting hardware.  I would like to upgrade the validator to a Mars VN2511 since the VN2511 can be unloaded on the side without removing the bill box.  Where can I get the correct mounting hardware for this?

regards,

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

Honestly man.. if that validator works, the EASIEST fix is to take the bill box off and remove the pin that works as a hinge for the lid.  Needle nose pliers might work.  It's been a while since i have done it but removing the lid allows you to take bills out without removing the entire bill box.

• 6 months later...

You can use a trc 6000 OR 9300-L, regardless of the validator.  You can use a ba30sa or mars 2511/2501 (i forget which mask you need) regardless of the coin mech.

As for the manual being outdated... what do you expect from an outdated machine? Lol.

Use an MEI 2500 validator with the stated coin mechs.  You'll need two Mars mounting brackets and a Mars validator harness going to the logic board and power board.  Use a VFM mask and 500 bill box.

Thanks! It was in my storage & I stripped it out yrs ago, to carry on my route & put in boxes of  'on hand extra' val & mechs. I didn't leave a note in machine of what I took & now mechanic garage needs a snack. I don't want to put one of my newer machines in the garage.... U guys rock, thanks for helping this little girl out!

Archived