anyone in/around MA interested in potential revenue share?

BookCrate

I am likely moving into an apartment that has a storefront nearby that I might end up renting as well. I'm thinking about starting an unmanned arcade, but do not have the capital to fill it with machines at this time, and so am looking for people interested in providing machines for a 50/50 profit share. No machines (coin pushers) that might constitute gambling. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, BookCrate said:

I've been looking into doing more or less the same in my area. Do yourself a favor and look into all the laws and potential liabilities before buying machines. Filing an LLC might be hundreds of dollars alone. One thing I was thinking, to not have to buy all of your own machines just yet, is to get machine owners to place their games in your space for a 50/50 split, until you can start replacing them with your own machines.

Sir, with all due respect, you are giving a massive middle finger to the amusement operators here. That last sentence in the quote is the equivalent of, "I don't give a rat's golpher about you, and I don't care about your time or effort."

Now with that said, unmanned arcades generally suck, because your customers are youths. Now if you remember when you were a child, you were probably a little rascal (I sure was). Which means, don't be surprised to find your equipment screwed up/damaged/vandalized one day. Whether it be from little kids taking things a little too far, teens being assholes, or professional burglars stealing your money, it is bound to happen with no one around to supervise. Also, liability is going to be massive.

most contracts I've seen for vending machines have a clause stating either party can remove them at any time for any reason. there could be an agreed upon minimum of 12 months or something.

in this case the place would be monitored constantly and I would be living in an adjacent building, but I doubt I'll end up going through with it as I've since realized the door is too small for anything more than arcade cabinets.

can you go more into the liability aspect? does it matter that there are multiple machine owners if the operator has a general policy for the whole place?

Archived