Got damaged coins?

Have you asked your bank if they will take take/exchange damaged coin/currency for you? I deposit in bulk (plastic coin bags) so the bank gets all of my bent/damaged coins. I have never had an issue with them crediting the damaged coins so far.

My bank will only take rolled coin or coin run thru their counter.  The counter is pretty good but still spits out 3 or 4 from each batch.  When I put them with the other cash the tellers vapor lock like they don't know how to handle it!!  Anyway, I thought this was interesting.  The program mostly get coins from big metal recyclers who get the out of the sorting process after old cars - or vending machines - have been shreaded...

19 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

Interesting. I wonder if they'll restart the program. I get quite a bit of damaged coin from one of my other ventures. I've got them all sitting in a container right now. 

Yes, it has restarted, that is the link I posted.  The program had been on hold for a few years because they thought the Chinese scrappers were flooding them with counterfeit damaged coins... turns out the scrap industry finds MILLIONS of $$$ every year in coins.   Of course, like any good government program there is paperwork and rules... so many rules.... and a one pound minimum I think...

Archived