Busted Tubular Lock and T handle

anon0330

Hi!

We're a club at a university that recently got our lock for the vending machine busted. At first, the T-Handle was on too tight (I think the one in charge of the machine twisted the T-handle too tight). We tried prying it out, but in one of our attempts, I think we dislodged the tubular lock and now the tubular lock is now free-flowing and still locked.

Would you guys have any suggestions on how to solve this? We have been looking through the internet, and a lot of people have been just drilling these out (and if all else fails we would probably do this), but 1) I am not exactly sure how far I can drill without breaking the actual machine, and 2) I am not sure if there is another better solution.

I think our vending machine is a Dixie-Narco one? Though if you guys can point to me how I can verify what my vending machine is, that would be swell.

Many thanks and all the best.

If the lock is spinning inside the handle, the lock is already broken, you should be able to slide it out, if it is not spinning and the t handle is locked, and the lock is not damaged, you may be able to pick it, if not able to pick it, drilling down the middle about 1 to 2 inches with a 1/2" bit or bigger will break the lock completely, new lock about $20, or get a locksmith to make a key

• 2 weeks later...

So, we got the lock out, pics of the carnage at the bottom. We are now back though to the original. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to pry it open? Or is there a better suggestion? I'm not sure about what to do at this point...

20180219_173135.jpg

20180219_173201.jpg

20180219_173222.jpg

On most Vendos you have to pull on the door as you turn the handle because they use the Quicker Lock assembly.  Royals don't have that so your Royal has a machine or door that aren't level or your cage nut is mis-adjusted.

Archived