Triteq Bev IQ lock

Romano71

I purchased a DN501E about 2 weeks ago with a location. Went to check on sales a week later and started going over the interior to get familiar. If you don't know, the BevIQ lock is one of those remote control released T handles and I had no idea how many issues there were until I started reading on it.  Anyway, while going through the machine I was trying to clean up the wiring a bit and tucked away what turned out to be the receiver (it was never installed in the correct location so I had no idea what it was). Bottom line is after closing it up I can no longer get it to pick up the remote signal and unlock. I've tried switching the remote battery to increase the signal and aimed at every angle but it's not opening. The machine is at a school  and the janitors gave me a drill to drill out the t handle. The bit eventually broke and the machine is still not open. I called triteq and they say I have to call Pepsi to get authorized as the owner and then Pepsi will send an email giving permission to Triteq to sell me a "break in tool" and template of where to drill. I have no idea who to call at Pepsi and tried looking online for info on where to drill. Another post on here suggested contacting AZVendor and I did that but he never got back to me with the info he said he would email. So I'm asking, does anyone have a way in? My next option is only to remove the machine and attempt to open it offsite which I'm trying to avoid. The janitors have no problem with me working on it there but I need to know what to do.

Yeah, that hackable line was not there so I don't have that option. I did get advice that should work well enough. Ordering parts tomorrow that will need to be replaced after breaking in. I'm going back to a bolt lock. Not going to have my machines held hostage by triteq. I've learned to never buy anything with their lock on it.

FYI, that is known as a "live display" and not a glass front.  A "glass front", in regards to soda machines, typically refers to the large soda machines that dispense soda from shelves rather than stack vendors like the 501e you showed.  Bevmaxes, Royal Visions (aka RVV-500), and the Vendo Vue are true "glass fronts."  On the other hand, snack machines are also referred to as "glass front" snack machines which is redundant and unnecessary in today's world but it may be worth saying.  I only bring this up because if you call for parts and you have no clue what model it is but you say something like "dixie narco glass front", you might confuse the hell out of the person on the phone.  I think most modern stack vendors (meaning they have columns inside with soda stacked vertically) are referred to as either bubble fronts or live displays.

I appreciate the education. For some reason I figured live display was the shelf type where the product moved in front of you and glass front was like my model where it showed an actual can instead of just a selection name. 

I already have the parts to switch it out so you probably won't see one ever again. The guy I bought it from was a complete clown. Just went out of business and sold the location with the machine and a bunch of lies. This machine is getting switched out and put somewhere with better potential. Just having an issue locating a rental hand truck with the assist feature and rated for 1000 lbs.

Archived