Healthy Snack Box Question

Savemyworld

Greetings,

I had 2-3 new honor snack box prospects today that would allow me to place an honor snack box on location only  if all the snacks were healthy vending snacks in the honor box. Is it worth it to service the 2-3 healthy vending honor snack boxes or would I end up losing money as these are not the traditional snacks. Please share if you have feedback or experience with serving healthy vend honor snack boxes. Thank you

13 hours ago, Savemyworld said:

Greetings,

I had 2-3 new honor snack box prospects today that would allow me to place an honor snack box on location only  if all the snacks were healthy vending snacks in the honor box. Is it worth it to service the 2-3 healthy vending honor snack boxes or would I end up losing money as these are not the traditional snacks. Please share if you have feedback or experience with serving healthy vend honor snack boxes. Thank you

I would AVOID an "all-healthy" snack box.  For one thing, there really is no such beast.  What is healthy to one person, the same may not be considered healthy to another.  Point number 2, Everyone WANTS a healthy box, but in reality, they want a snack.  The "healthy" is just to make them feel better when they snack.  For example, you could put some granola bars and some baked chips in your box with regular snacks and candy, sell it as a box that has healthy options, and lo and behold the Snicker Bars and Doritos will be sold and you'll be looking at a box with leftover granola bars and baked chips.  It is OK to offer a few healthy alternative snacks in your box (just be careful of cost), but I would avoid like the plague an "All Healthy Item" tray.  The sales are not there, and this is 25 years of experience talking.  Don't let anyone tell you that selling an an "All Healthy Item" box would work, because it really won't.  For the 2-3 that are asking for all healthy, you should be able to find 20-30 that want good, ol' fashioned, non healthy snack...lol!  Concentrate on those and maybe offer a few "healthy" options like a couple granola bars and/or baked chip options.  Also, look at the snacks you are offering.  Many of them are actually better for you that some of the perceived so-called "Healthy" items.  A 3 Musketeer bar actually contains LESS calories than some granola bars.  A bag of peanuts actually contains MORE protein than most granola bars.  A bag of pretzels contains less calories and fat than some baked chips.  Highlight those items when selling your boxes and you should be able to overcome the "Healthy" requests.  Just my 2 cents. :)

Archived