Machine leaking

Magiccity726

It's an air leak.  You might have a loose drain hose, a delivery door that isn't closing all the way, or a bad or damaged door seal that's letting air in.  You can often find air leaks if you notice condensation somewhere (like the front of the delivery door or in the delivery bin OR somewhere around the perimeter of the seal).  You need to find where the air leak is.

Just now, Magiccity726 said:

I ice but I will lower temperature. Is it normally supposed to be at 4 o clock?

It should be around 3 1/2, but that alone shouldn't cause it to have water.  An air leak is your culprit.  As for the thermostat setting.. you can't trust the numbers on the dial.  You have to dial it back to 0 and the compressor will shut off.  Then, you can dial it back to what should be 3-1/2.  In other words.. if 0 is at the 3 o'clock position (just an example), and dialing it to about 3-1/2 would put you at around 6 o'clock, then that's where you want to put it.  Putting it too high will freeze soda.

go to your local refrigeration supply store and buy a fry pan.  It replaces drip tray and hooks to 110volts and evaporates water.  I use them on the tough ones that continually leak.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, Magiccity726 said:

i have a DN 276e at a tire shop. It’s inside but close to the garage door which is always open. The machine is leaking a lot. I have new sponges, however, the machine is still leaking. Why would this be?

Be smart and dont take short cuts to fix the problem.  Fix it right the first time or replace the machine if you are planning on short cutting.  I had a machine leaking condensate and the cord became wet.  I received a hell of a jolt by touching a selection button and when unplugging.  

Archived