Minimum target proft per drink machine per month?

bulknoob

It's hard to answer that because expenses vary but i think it's fair to say i want to collect a minimum of $1,000/year per machine if it's just one machine.. but most decent accounts are snack + soda.  It depends on so many factors.. you really need to know what the margins are on your products. 

My only soda-only location is a warehouse for some real estate thing.  It has a 5-select royal can machine and i collect maybe $100 every three weeks.  Per month, it's only about $140/month which isn't super good but that $100 collected (from 3 weeks) takes about 10 minutes to service.. and i easily make $40 in my pocket from that.  That's much lower GROSS than what most companies want, but i think most people on this forum would be happy to collect $100 from a can machine with no issues from expired product.  On the other hand, if this was $100 from bottles in three weeks, it might be far less desireable to many.

It's not a rule of mine, but i figure that a good rule of thumb is to sell at least one case of soda each week.  With good pricing and good used equipment, one case each week should be profitable by itself if you rotate properly.  Adding a snack machine is another variable that affects all of this.

Just looked.  Our average drink machine does $2,200 a year in rev.  The slower ones are older machines that once they die off, we won't spend much money replacing them.  If we put out a new machine tomorrow, we try to have $3,000 as our bare minimum.  We try and go with cans as bottles are more of a hassle.  The majority of the accounts that we have a drink machine on location we also have a snack on location.  As AngryChris said, the magic number is going to be different for everyone.  

To answer your question, on a new account we want to at minimum get $3,000 rev/year.  That's $250 rev/month.  Our company hovers around a 40% profit margin as a whole before we pay ourselves.  So that'd be $100 profit/month at a minimum that we like to hit.

Archived