Selling my Route. What's it really Worth?

smartvendnw

Hey guys! Been awhile since my last post. I'm going into year 3 and have enjoyed the journey. Another company approached me and offered to buy my route. I have downsized some since my highest peak, anyway what's left did $35,750 gross sales in 2017. It's 6 locations, 10 machines. Total machines and equipment are worth $15,000. All sales are tracked and I have the proper records in place. I read that an easy evaluation is to split gross sales in half and than add value of machines and assets. My selling price would be $32,875.00. 

Too low? Just right? Too high?

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated!

Thanks...

BT

A little off topic, but a local vendor is selling a small route for 30k and claims about 30k in annual sales.  Problem is, out of three soda machines (all bevmax), the only picture i saw had aquafina plastered all over.  It made me question whether he was trying to sell pepsi assets.  Pepsi normally doesn't give equipment to just anyone around here, so i don't know how else he got it unless he bought them with aquafina graphics.

Just on what you gave us, that's a good starting point.  Not an unreasonable ask and you have some room to bargain.  Like LA said, the machine values can be all over the board so judging model/age/condition will be up to the buyer.   Inventory may come into play as well. 

Thanks everyone. Ran the report again and gross sales were a little lower. But decided to base off of just my gross profit of $14,800 and I've valued my assets at $16,600. Thinking $31,400 will be my first offer. 

I guess my only question is... is this too good of a deal. The buyer will have a super fast ROI, where I've spent almost 3 years building. 

Archived