DN 501 has problems

i just changed the selection ribbon and harness on my DN 501 and the thing is being wacky

first it works then it dont then it continues to scroll through menu without allowing me to enter into any thing 

then it started vending from the wrong column     its like the machine has new life and its running in all different directions   

im hoping its just not aligned properly as the only thing i could have pluged in wrong is the door switch connections -- by the way which side is hot and which is nuetral the old harness had two white wires the new one has a black wire and a white wire

I believe the ribbon or switch membrane only plugs in one way as it should be keyed to only go together one way.  If not then you want to look at how the old one was connected and the memory the two cables had to see how they matched up.  The other possibility is that you put the panel back together wrong and you are having multiple buttons acting at the same time.  You must put it together in this way:  Keep all the tubular spacers that go on the screw studs, the membrane goes against the metal backing plate and the rubber padding goes on top of that with the speared rubber protruding through the membrane and the plate, this places the raised round pads toward the backs of the buttons.  The rubber pads interlock so that they lay flat against the membrane.  It can be tricky to hold this all together when you place it over the studs but use patience and make sure that each stud has the tube spacer to prevent crushing the membrane.

i do have one stud busted off in the middle which could cause a change of pressure around the 6 button but i think the placement of everything is right

where it plugs together with the harness is pretty tight though and the ribbon gets all bent up because there is only a small area of space in the door to weave the harness around and up to the board

machine is up woohoo  disconnected coin acceptor realigned membrane rubber padding and turned plate upside down (for good luck) then i took out the battery for 20 sec reinstalled and after resetting prices and plugging in coin acceptor everything worked

also got one of the selections that had been showing sold out to vend    two more selections that are  showing sold outs to be fixed and machine is fully operational 

its been a good day

Archived