Royal 660 Break in

So I had an unfortunate break in at a suspect location. Shattered the glass on my tank of a rowe snack machine which atleast the way it was designed they were not able to access cash box or coin mech.

However I am very intrigued how they busted into my bottler coke machine. It is a royal 660. From what I can see it appears something was torched or burned near the LCD display. The display was pushed into the machine (It still works great). I open the machine after seeing no other damage on outside of machine. Inside I see they took the bill stacker off the validator and the cassette out of the guardian 6 tube mech. Now obviously they cannot fit these 2 items out of the 2 inch display hole. So obviously they were able to unlock the machine bypassing my lock/t handle. 

Can somebody PRIVATE MESSEGE me how they did this. I would rather these goofs not having access to even more info on a public form on how to do this but I am racking my brain trying to figure out how these clever douchebags stole my $500...

22 minutes ago, BlindVending said:

So I had an unfortunate break in at a suspect location. Shattered the glass on my tank of a rowe snack machine which atleast the way it was designed they were not able to access cash box or coin mech.

However I am very intrigued how they busted into my bottler coke machine. It is a royal 660. From what I can see it appears something was torched or burned near the LCD display. The display was pushed into the machine (It still works great). I open the machine after seeing no other damage on outside of machine. Inside I see they took the bill stacker off the validator and the cassette out of the guardian 6 tube mech. Now obviously they cannot fit these 2 items out of the 2 inch display hole. So obviously they were able to unlock the machine bypassing my lock/t handle. 

Can somebody PRIVATE MESSEGE me how they did this. I would rather these goofs not having access to even more info on a public form on how to do this but I am racking my brain trying to figure out how these clever douchebags stole my $500...

Very strange,  Obviously they were not  too sophisticated or they would have known they couldn't access any cash by breaking the glass on the Rowe ( unless they just wanted a snack B))  My guess is that they were able to access the lock catch with a long rod and release it if the barrel was pointed up.  I have several of these machines (but not here) so I'd try and mount the lock barrel with the catch to the side or bottom.  You say it's a bottler machine so they may not want to replace this machine in that location.  It's bad news when somebody can break out a torch in a location without being seen.  And I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:  Deport them down here and let Trump take care of them - bwahahhahaha

6 hours ago, orsd said:

That is a common attack on Royals, common enough that Royal has a retro fit kit to stop it.

I'm a novice at this so forgive me if this as been covered ad infinitum in other posts.

When I bought the two soda machines I own, both Royal GIII's (660 marketing and an 804), I noticed the key number was stamped on the outside of the lock, then I found that the keys for Royal machines are available on eBay.  My 660 is in use where there's no need to worry about it, but I'm getting ready to put the 804 outside for public use.  I was planning on replacing the lock with something more secure.  What locks and theft prevention devises are you guys referring to?

1 hour ago, Lonstar said:

I'm a novice at this so forgive me if this as been covered ad infinitum in other posts.

When I bought the two soda machines I own, both Royal GIII's (660 marketing and an 804), I noticed the key number was stamped on the outside of the lock, then I found that the keys for Royal machines are available on eBay.  My 660 is in use where there's no need to worry about it, but I'm getting ready to put the 804 outside for public use.  I was planning on replacing the lock with something more secure.  What locks and theft prevention devises are you guys referring to?

New locks are cheap enough to avoid any future break-ins.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money on Medico locks (available with an exclusive key if you buy like twenty of them).  As it stands, I cheaped out and went with the Cobra locks which are scary easy to drill out.  But any time I'm dealing with a sketchy location, I spring for a Medico.  It's odd that the key numbers were stamped on the outside - must have been some old bottler machines you got.  You made a smart move buying the Royals but you'll need to construct a screen for the rear hole for that 804 you're sticking outside.  Otherwise you may find the deck full of leaves and trash.

12 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I have never heard of a lock with the key number on it.  That's like putting the combination on a combination lock lol.  That's terrible.

Yea, I have seen it a lot.  Especially on older bottler locks.  I love my Medeco locks....

I’ve got a few that have the number on it I’ll pull them as soon as I buy that machine and save them till I sell a machine then I’ll put them in equipment I sell 

15 hours ago, moondog said:

New locks are cheap enough to avoid any future break-ins.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money on Medico locks (available with an exclusive key if you buy like twenty of them).  As it stands, I cheaped out and went with the Cobra locks which are scary easy to drill out.  But any time I'm dealing with a sketchy location, I spring for a Medico.  It's odd that the key numbers were stamped on the outside - must have been some old bottler machines you got.  You made a smart move buying the Royals but you'll need to construct a screen for the rear hole for that 804 you're sticking outside.  Otherwise you may find the deck full of leaves and trash.

I thought they all had key numbers on them, didn't know any better.  When I noticed it on the 660 I was a bit shocked, especially when I found the key was readily available on eBay.  I'll have to check the 804, I just assumed it was the same way (it's in storage, haven't put it to use yet).  I bought both machines from a laundromat that was closing it's doors, owner said Coca Cola provided the machines and serviced them since he had them.  Is that what a bottler machine is?  

Thanks for the tip on putting a screen on the back, I'll be sure to do that.  I'd like to take credit for the smart move on buying two GIII's, but it was just luck.  Those were what he had so that's what I ended up with.  

I have a bill changer with Medeco locks on it.  I know they're better than most others available so I was already planning on putting them in both machines.  Attached is a pic of the lock on the 660 now, just happened to still have it on my phone. 

660 Lock.jpg

Your machines are stolen property from Coke since the laundromat told you that Coke provided and serviced the machines.  You never thought that with that info the machines belonged to Coke?  You should do the right thing and return the machines to Coke. The RVG301 locks are called core locks which are provided in every machine shipped by Royal.  That means that everyone in the business has that key.  I probably have 10 or more of them.

Why are you stating I have stolen machines, what facts are you basing that on?  Apparently you don't know what you're talking about yet you want to make false accusations in a public forum. 

I'll take your little BS power shot at me in the previous post, but now you're crossing a line with me.  Knock it off.

The owner called Coke to have them remove the machines.  The Coke rep came and looked at them, said too old, don't want them back.  The rep later called and said he confirmed that they removed the asset numbers on the machines from their system.

You didn't say all of that originally so your initial explanation of how you got the machines left no other way to view the transaction.  I'm only reacting to what you post and warning you of what could have happened.  I'm sorry that you think people should be able to read your mind.  And I'm not crossing a line or posting anything on the forum that shouldn't be said in light if what you posted originally.  You are anonymous on here as I am so I didn't defame you either.

If I took cheap shots at people on this forum then I wouldn't have all the post I have because I would have been removed from the forum for that behavior.

5 hours ago, Lonstar said:

Why are you stating I have stolen machines, what facts are you basing that on?  Apparently you don't know what you're talking about yet you want to make false accusations in a public forum. 

I'll take your little BS power shot at me in the previous post, but now you're crossing a line with me.  Knock it off.

The owner called Coke to have them remove the machines.  The Coke rep came and looked at them, said too old, don't want them back.  The rep later called and said he confirmed that they removed the asset numbers on the machines from their system.

Easy there :rolleyes:  From your post it did sound like they may have been Coke assets.  It's all too common for store owners with Coke machines to just sell them off to some unsuspecting person.  Next time don't take the guy's word for it but call Coke yourself and verify that the machines are no longer their assets.  Unfortunatley this kind of stuff happens a lot - we had a local vending service guy end up taking a short (all expenses paid) vacation because he got caught with a yard full of stolen machines.  He'd been buying them from some crook who was stealing them.  Randy at Vending World will not buy any machine that is bottler logoed for this same reason.  And that lock is a core lock - the absolutely easiest one to drill out.  There are several small pins you can see in the slot and any crook with a pocket sized battery powered drill can have one open in less than ten minutes. I know I've done it  on one of my machines where the lock failed - thank god it wasn't a Medeco or I'd probably still be there :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived