What Brand are these older 2 “ machines ?

TWvend

Curious if anyone is familiar with these older 2” machines & if so what brand are they? They look like they possibly could be fabricated  somewhat due to having what looks to be a NW style 1” mech. 

35AD523E-E361-4D73-92A5-420AC208A4D6.jpeg

I'm just guessing, I'm fairly new to this. But I do believe the chute door says FOLZ, which was a huge family run vending business that ran mainly Northwestern machinery. They were in the business forever, so that may be the predecessor to the Northwestern Super 80. Again, though, I'm not sure. Hopefully a veteran vendor will know for sure what we're looking at because I want to know too. I just recently found out that victor made 2" machines that look alot like the northwesterns. Before that I thought they only made the ones that have one glass/plastic panel in a bezeled tilted front face. You always learn something new here.

Northwestern Classic 80's

Pretty much obsolete, cant go beyond .50 2" which is more and more unprofitable.

Folz musta had a million of these, along with Super 60's. They are literally present everywhere from New York to LA, and everywhere in between.

Sadly Outerwall (Redbox) bought his company and basically destroyed it for the locations, so they could get Coinstars and Redboxes in stores.

Yep, classic NW 80's. Tough workhorse machines, but as orsd said, pretty badly outdated for 2". I've seen these run as "big" cabinets for 1" caps and gumballs at a movie theater once, but that was the last place I saw any of these things still working in any serious capacity, and about the only way you could run them profitably now.

Those are classic 60 capsule machines not classic 80's ,they were converted to this style by Mr Folz, they are originally called classic 60 130, 160 and 200, they were set up to vend   ball gum, v-1 capsules 1 1/2 capsules and 2 inch capsules you could of got them with a  slug rejecting mechanism with coin return or the conventional model 60   mechanism.  it had 2 locks one for the top and other for the cash box,  These were a great machine to use.    I saw a picture somewhere of someone using a beaver mechanism on these, probably for the 75 or 1.00 use.                          

• 3 weeks later...

Nice contribution, Titan.  I knew he converted them but didn't know they were called Classic 60's, I had always just heard of them referred to as "Classics".  I presume they were called 60 because the originally held 60 capsules?  I also was under the impression that the regular model 60 was named so because it was released in 1960.  I've never been told that but assumed it because of the older NW 33's, 40's etc.  Kind of confusing that they would name both of their machines 60's but for different reasons.  

We still operate a hundred or so of them and have some for sale too if anybody needs any.  Very solid machines for "B" type locations and you can make money running sticky, 2" mix, Mustaches, and other inexpensive items.  You can also have 1" type items put in 2" capsules and sell them for 50cents that way.

I guess what I was trying to refer to was that they were not called Northwestern classic 80's  that someone posted they were

I have always called them classic 60 they are referred to as  the Northwestern classic.  They came in 3 sizes for example the classic  130 held 130 2 inch capsules with display front and 146 capsules without display front.  It also held  930 1 inch capsules with display front.  You could of also vended out ball gum with that machine.  The 160 held 160 2 inch capsules and the 200 held 200 2 inch capsules.  You could of also bought individual stands for those which either held 1 or 2 machines.

The  Mouthy Marvin was basically a Northwestern classic 130,  it was a great machine,  when you put in a quarter you would hear it say different things, you could of had your own records for the machine custom made for you.  It was designed with a voice mechanism on the bottom of the hopper which could be inter changed with different recordings.  It was a very good money maker, you could of also got the machine with a slug rejecting  mechanism. You can probably look on the internet for a picture of one,  I wish they continued to make it.

I had bought all 3 sizes of the Northwestern Classic  but I preferred the 160 the best, a very good and strong machine.   I never had any trouble with that machine

I believe there is a picture somewhere on this forum that shows an operator using a beaver coin mechanism  on these machines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived