DIXIE NARCO 501E HELP

Needing help with a used Dixie Narco 501E i purchased. Motors will home but not correctly, and sale mode shows SOLD OUT no matter what I try. Any advice regarding this machine would be much appreciated. So every time I close the door switch, the display says homing, and then in order starting from 1 to 9 each motor will move.they make 2 full rotations and once this has completed the display says wait the bill validator will cycle and then it returns to sold out display. I have noticed that after this, each of the motor switches is not it one of the home positions on the cams.  However they are all in the closed positions and stop on the cams in which I assume is "between vend cycles". So what I did was loosen all the motor switches, moved them down while still being plugged in to "trick" the machine that each column is in a "home" position. Still with no change. So I'm not too sure what i am missing.

The board is not seeing any of the motor switches. At the computer board, start on J5. Check the plug and reseat the connection. Follow that harness to the lower door and it will split into 2 plugs. Check and reseat those connections. 

@lacanteen @cvending Thanks guys I've got the machine back to normal sales mode. It will accept change and vend. I have one more question the machine has a Coinco BA30 validator but the led light is not on the validator will cycle when i power up the machine but still no light and it will not accept bills. Maybe the dip switches are in the wrong position, I'm not sure.

To start, the BA30 is not from this decade so plan on parting with it sooner than later. It would help to know if you are set up for MDB or not, so let's start with the coin changer. It must have at least 10 quarters and 10 nickels in the change tubes to enable bills. Changer model will help us from there, or for that matter, pictures of the plugs of the bill and coin harness will also help. 

I don't know why, but some coinco ba's still work great and i keep them as backup/temporary mdb validators. However, some keep failing so i throw them away.  I only have maybe 20 ba's in my entire inventory, with almost half not being in service.  I do keep MAGs.   I must have 80+ MARS 2000's

I ws only making a point about BA's being inferior for today's standards.  Regardless, it is worth it to replace the validator with a known good mdb validator and see if that resolved the validator issue.  If it cycles, it has power.  If it has no LED though, i think that may mean it has no communication or the board is bad in the validator.

13 hours ago, Dixie 600E said:

I could do $100 for a good used set, Seeing as how a new set with rods run 160

Let's make it $50 + shipping, and you make a donation to this forum. Email me:

gbruss <at> mmsalescompany <dot> com

Archived