I am surprised to see so many use spreadsheets to run their business, I don't work for them, I just got a problem with them! I have the full version of the software, and believe me, its great, I don't have to guess, or figure out what goes where or worry about lost locations, I put it in once, set it and forget it, until next time. when its ready, itll show up red, and then I can go service the location. but my issue is a simple one, a few years ago I had a full version, but it was the older version, so I figured id buy the new one since it was half price if you already had the program. now back then, I was able to activate the software on any pc, so if I had 2 pc's I can activate them both, one is a steady, and one for backup. a few years ago I contacted them, letting them know that I am upgrading my pc, and that I would like to activate the software on the new pc, after 2 years, I finally get a response that I have to pay for it again, I asked why? they said it was all newly updated, you can get the demo to see it, so I did, no harm, but then I started checking the versions of the program, and it winds up that there was no update, in fact my current software was beyond what they were trying to make me pay for $150 for, now I don't mind paying for newer stuff, but why would I pay for something that's older than what I have? apparently their versions that they so called "updated" are "outdated"! now I also understand they cannot do everything for free, but I made it clear, I'm not paying for stuff older than what I already have! so I asked them to activate my new PC so I can have the full version instead of the demo, and till this day no response! $150 for old stuff, and I thought my software was outdated, its like Microsoft trying to sell you windows 97 in 2018, only $100! ha ha ha, I want to make sure everyone knows about crooks in the vending business, they are all over, the worse thing is, they were very helpful back in the day, why not now, everyone struggles, and that's understandable, but don't give me BS!

http://www.softessentials.com/

record your stuff with them! still to this day no response! the most recent one is from 8/17! we have time people, hopefully they will read this and make some real changes!

Edited by NYCandyMan

The best thing to do is find out what state their in and call the  Attorney Generals office and report them.  You can probably find out what state their in by finding out who is web hosting their page and who design their page.

• 2 months later...

I tried the demo in April 2018. Great product. Exactly what I was looking for, so after trying the demo for a couple of weeks I went ahead and paid for the full version. I did not receive a download link, I did not receive an email, in fact I didn't receive anything except a charge to my credit card in the amount of $299.00. I emailed support multiple times with no response. I looked up phones numbers and all of them were dead or disconnected. I could not locate the business at the address provided on their website. Luckily I had paid with my credit card through PayPal. I filed a claim with them and got a full refund. To bad in the long run, I think this could have been a great product. 

• 1 year later...

ive been using since 2011, I was given the demo cd by the person I bought route from, but demo only handles 100 accounts, not enough, the last few days ive been looking into getting the new demo download, and come to learn that the site is no longer there, and and no more download, I will have a techy person clone my drive so I can get the full version on my new tablet. it really is a shame, the program was very good, but I think they lacked to transition to new technology, heck, I would've paid for the demo anyways, but $300 each time I get a new computer is not good, and now another company wants to charge for the amount of locations you have and charge you monthly

On 12/25/2019 at 10:47 PM, NYCandyMan said:

ive been using since 2011, I was given the demo cd by the person I bought route from, but demo only handles 100 accounts, not enough, the last few days ive been looking into getting the new demo download, and come to learn that the site is no longer there, and and no more download, I will have a techy person clone my drive so I can get the full version on my new tablet. it really is a shame, the program was very good, but I think they lacked to transition to new technology, heck, I would've paid for the demo anyways, but $300 each time I get a new computer is not good, and now another company wants to charge for the amount of locations you have and charge you monthly

Maybe they went out of business people the demo was good and no one actually paid for the full version.

• 3 weeks later...

but the demo only allowed 100 locations, for soda guys that would probably be more than enough, but on the bulk side, the more the better, i needed 200+ at some point, demo wasn't doing a good job, i will be looking into cloning my whole drive, and i am keeping my old laptop just in case, i have the old version and the new version, never liked spread sheets.