GPL 490 Combo

Golfdogs

You have to pull the entire can module out the front of the machine.  Take out the candy shelf and remove all cans from the module.  Remove the retaining brackets on the top corners of the can module then disconnect all harnesses to the unit and all mounting hardware from the bottom.  Then remove the module as a unit.  I use a flat 4 wheel dolly that happens to just be the correct height for units in these and AP combo machines.  Once the unit is out of the machine then you have to transport the entire unit to whoever is doing the repair and they will have to remove the can cabinet to work on the cooling unit.  Not fun as you can tell.

It probably weighs over 150 lbs.  Pulling it out is one thing.  Getting it into a vehicle is another.  I had an LCM4 with a refrigeration problem and I had the machine picked up and worked on.  It ended up costing me quite a bit.  It just wasn't worth hurting myself over.  I'll change out decks in soda machines all day longs but combos are no fun at all.

This is what I figured.  I have replaced broken delivery door arms, but never had to mess with the decks on these units.  I'm guessing that with the can module out, you can't run the snacks since there will be a big void for the snacks to fall into.  I appreciate your help!

Archived