How do you open the coin box in Vendstar 3000?

bigezbarry

I assume you are turning the key and pulling it (using the key to pull it) straight out. Like QuickVend said they can be tight. If that isn't working it could be that there is something sticky along the edge that is causing the problem. This happens in places like BBQ & Chinese restaurants especially if the machine hasn't been opened in a while. Spray Windex type of cleaner along the bottom edge and let it soak for a few minutes (maybe even tip the machine forward so the cleaner can soak under the door). After it has soaked for a while try opening it again. The only other cause (very unlikely) would be if the screw in the center of the lock latch came loose and the latch isn't swiveling out of the groove when the key is turned . If that is the case a drill is about the only answer.

If it's still stuck, or the key won't turn all the way around, there might be a coin jammed in it. If that's the case, the easiest fix is to take the whole machine and turn it upside down. Once you've got it on it's head, undo the lock. I know it sounds crazy, but that has saved my bacon countless times back on my old Vendstars. Good luck!

Archived