Teachers lounges?

TKK

1 hour ago, Joe101us said:

Does she fall behind or does she eat all the snacks

She only eats the stales.  And in her defense, we can't put too much in the machine or items will go stale.  We are still working on finding the products that move the fastest.

27 minutes ago, darkinthepark said:

She only eats the stales.  And in her defense, we can't put too much in the machine or items will go stale.  We are still working on finding the products that move the fastest.

Then you should’ve only got a three wideThen you should’ve only got a three wide

We do not solicit teachers lounge accounts but they do call us often.  I have one on my desk now.  An elementary with 70 teachers wanting a drink and snack, anyone interested?  It is free.  It is in Riverside.

3 hours ago, Joe101us said:

Then you should’ve only got a three wideThen you should’ve only got a three wide

Our cafeteria was getting rid of them because they weren't working right for them..due to lack of proper maintenance.  They offered them to us for $200 piece...so it was a no brainer.  We have the other machine in a faculty planning room in another part of our building.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:26 PM, wegroup said:

FYI - besides vending, I am a junior high teacher. Don’t do it.  Schools have so many fund raising events, free breakfast and lunch programs, potlucks and such, that you are wasting your asset.  Teachers and staff are used to free stuff.  

I read through this thread and your post stuck out like a sore thumb when I read it. I wish I could give 5 likes!

On 4/3/2018 at 6:05 PM, darkinthepark said:

Here's a picture of our faculty break room at the beginning of the year before we got together and painted and decorated it with money from vending sales.

Bfaculty01.jpg

Below are some pictures of the room after we decorated.  Also, all the appliances we purchased with vending money.  I wish I had a picture of the green 1970 refrigerator that we replaced!

faculty02.jpg

faculty03.jpg

faculty04.jpg

I learned a lot about vending repairs by fixing up these machines.  The GIII needed new trim, buttons, bill acceptor, ballast, lights, vend motor and home sensor.  The AP123 needed some new motors, and I installed all the parts to convert one of the snack trays to a candy tray so that we would have more room for the Kcups.  Once again, I thank the people from this forum for their help along the way...especially LACanteen who has helped with parts for my machines.  He even sent me the home sensor for the GIII as I waited for Royal to build more stock.  Then I sent him the part from Royal to replenish his inventory.  It really helped eliminate down time.  I also want to thank AZVendor for his wealth of knowledge.  He may be moody...but he does know his s*it....something that only comes with many years of experience.

This is the best comment I have seen on Vendiscuss yet. 

Please no-one take offence! What I loved about this comment was what I have seen, and IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER: Both are in  Tier 1 of Vendiscuss

* LACanteen is extremely helpful, is willing to spend his time on even newbies, also frequently responds to other member's request to buy parts

*AZVendor is extremely helpful, is willing to spend his time on even newbies, he can be blunt and he calls it as he sees it

**All newbie vendors on this forum are thankful for both of these gentlemen!. 

I am new to this forum that once used to, like Rome, rule all vending discussion. Although I hear many great Vendiscuss veterans have disappeared, many still remain.

There are others than those mentioned in this post, but with regards to this post, there is no doubt that AZVendor and LA are some of the finest, nicest, and most helpful people on this forum. 

*salute*

• 2 weeks later...

LA and AZ are the best ,offering invaluable advice for all newcomers.Angry Chris is also awesome.I have to thank everyone on this forum .

On teacher lounges, I have a request from a nursing school with 180 teachers , is it worthwhile??/

Archived