cc readers issue

HI yall just picking yall brains i have a crane 167 snack machine and today i installed a nayax cc reader andit keeps saying cash only on reader so i call nayax and they said it was not the reader its my machine so i tried and tried to mess with the settings and now it says cc only go figure,also i put one on a soda machine vendo 540 and it says cc only as well ,it says eth no connection also says mdb disabled after messing with it it came on for about 5 minuts then back yo cash only again ,so any help would b welcome i am just getting my feet wet here but will soon b in the mud if i get no help

On the National 167 you must turn on the CC feature on the control board.  I think it is a setting that sets CC to MDB.

Download the manual for the National 167 online and familiarize yourself with how to do it.

Sometimes, the issue is that you need to have components connected in the right order.  I don't know if that applies here but it's really easy to switch the validator with the CC reader (with power off, of course) to see if that works.

Ran into the same problem with Nayax.  Some techs are better than others at helping you through the problem.  When I run into this situation with nayax readers I simply unplug the machine for 10 seconds then re plug it.  Somehow it gets the reader to communicate with the machine.  In the case of your Crane 167, Chard is correct.  You gotta enable the MDB card reader setting.  I ran into the same situation also.  Good luck!

• 3 years later...