MEI bill acceptor 2000 won't accept bills.

putrevus

Thanks for your help in advance.

I have a MEI bill acceptor 2000 where everything looks okay except it only take the bill half way and then rejects it.I tried various bills all go half in and then come out.

When  I went to the location the there was bill lose so I removed it and then restarted the machine and then cleaned the validator but no luck.

2 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Check the DIP switches on the side. At the very minimum you want 2 and 4 to be on. Machine make and model will additionally help. 

Thanks for your reply, The machine is National 167 and  one odd thing was when I went to location today , it was showing coins only .So i removed the stacker and there was one loose bill. Then put the stacker back , credit card was back on and bill validator was showing green lights in front and solid red light in the back.But it wont accept any bill, 5 dollar bill or dollar bill.

I cleaned sensor but still no luck.

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Thanks for your reply, The machine is National 167 and  one odd thing was when I went to location today , it was showing coins only .So i removed the stacker and there was one loose bill. Then put the stacker back , credit card was back on and bill validator was showing green lights in front and solid red light in the back.But it wont accept any bill, 5 dollar bill or dollar bill.

I cleaned sensor but still no luck.

Press <machine config>, scroll down to make sure bills are set to MDB (not serial or pulse). Double check those DIPs: 2, 4, & 6 on (6 is $5)

1 minute ago, lacanteen said:

Press <machine config>, scroll down to make sure bills are set to MDB (not serial or pulse). Double check those DIPs: 2, 4, & 6 on (6 is $5)

Thanks a lot, I will try it. One question it was working fine till two days ago, can the setting change by itself.

Power surges can cause the setting to change. If nothing else, completely unplug the card reader and try bills & coin only. I have seen card harnesses affect the other payment systems. That said, the card reader should be plugged in first, then the bill to the card and the coin to the bill. Could also be the bill harness. 

Don't forget to also have a hammer and some duct tape: If it moves but shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the hammer. (I learned this when I worked in Ohio)

26 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Power surges can cause the setting to change. If nothing else, completely unplug the card reader and try bills & coin only. I have seen card harnesses affect the other payment systems. That said, the card reader should be plugged in first, then the bill to the card and the coin to the bill. Could also be the bill harness. 

Don't forget to also have a hammer and some duct tape: If it moves but shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move, but should, use the hammer. (I learned this when I worked in Ohio)

Thank you for your help.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, lacanteen said:

Those are state secrets La, Me and my fellow Buckeyes don't appreciate you spreading them around

Probably a bad prism on the bottom of the stacker box.  The prism reflect an LED back into the validator to verifiy that the stacker is there.  When they turn dark they are bad.

11 hours ago, AngryChris said:

The stacker???? You change your own parts on the validator?

There is nothing to change it is just by luck we tried stacker from other validator and it worked. As AZ pointed there is some loose pin in bottom of the stacker.

To me, the stacker is inside the validator and it stacks the bills in the bill box/magazine.  I don't know what the proper term is for the part that does the actual stacking but that's what i thought it was.

Archived