When do you remove a machine from a location

Kevin B

When i feel like i am wasting my time or adding an amount of stress not worth the sales.  Basically, at least $1500 annually for cans and snacks and at least $2500 for bottles and snacks, and the bottle sales must exceed $1800/year alone by itself.

If you have no place to store it then you can leave a poor performing machine on site for "free storage" until you have a better location for it.  Just put it on a loooong service schedule.

When I 1st started in this business, I tried to pull at least $50 per visit from each machine.

With time, as I got more locations and machines that number went up to $75.

I kept the machine even if I went there after 3 weeks because it was still an investment.

Now days I have gotten to the point that I don't want to make a pull after 2 weeks.

You will need to figure out what your times worth and what your minimum pull requirement is.

If it takes a month though to get the pull you want then that's a good sign to either sell the location with the machine or just pull the machine.

Generally speaking though if your pulling less than $50 per pull, then the machine doesn't really need servicing, even for a 3 wide snack or a small beverage machine like a Dixie Narco 276.

There are other factors involved as well.

I might pull a machine if I feel like I am going out of the way all the time just for 1 location. Your route schedule is just as important as the amount you pull.

For me if it makes less than $65/week.  It gets easier to make the decision to move if the people within the location are pains in the butts to deal with.  Matter of fact I have one on that threshold and the contact person said she wants to kick out my machine because its been saying code (National 168).  I was thinking to myself please do darling!  I would be there the next day dolly in hand moving on.  

Archived