Water in back of unit

Javaman

Hi

i have a Saeco SG200 and recently I noticed water collecting in the rear of the unit (with the rear panel removed) it was sufficient to cause a wet carpet underneath the base unit,,the water would come down into the base from the holes in the sg200 rear area.  I couldn’t locate precisely where the water was coming from but it didn’t appear to be where the water connection is made but rather more mid center in the rear???  All plastic tubes are secure so I’m wondering if it is a seal or something?  Can anyone hazard a guess on what might be causing this?

thanks

javaman

Ok thanks,,,,I have removed the machine and have it at home so I will do some testing.  I assume you are familiar with these machines to a greater extent than I.

Have you ever encountered an issue where the grinder stops working?  Could it be the grinder needs replacing or a fuse perhaps??

Also I have a machine that says “ empty drip tray even though the micro switch is bypassed by connecting  the cables together in the back of the machine,,,,can’t operate the machine as it always boots to “empty drip tray” message.  

thanks

javaman

Only issues we've had with the grinder not working is when it had a foreign object in it (rocks, paper clips, valve bag plastic,etc). The grinder spindle should spin freely by hand. If not you have a foreign object in the grinder. Vacuum out the beans (if needed) and try to spin it. If it doesn't spin you need to clear out the object. If it spins, check the connections and/or fuse. On the drip tray, may just be a matter of resetting unit (programming). This is usually no issue if the machine is on a base.

Archived