DN 2145 Fridge removal

terrygm

3 hours ago, terrygm said:

I need to remove a DN2145 refrigeration deck. Are there any instructions or videos on how to do this?

I have a couple that I need to try to remove as well - some threads on here say you cannot remove the entire refer deck on the 2145's intact because of the way they are integrated into the machine.

Other threads imply that it is possible to pull the entire deck - there is not a lot of information on youtube or elsewhere on the early ECC/Dixie bottle drops.

The 2145's mostly had dual condenser fan decks - the new replacement decks are single fan, I managed to swap one out in a 5591, but have not attempted the 2145 yet - not sure what part is so difficult on the 2145's but suspect the evaporator is difficult?

10 minutes ago, orsd said:

ECC 2045's have built in units, no decks.

Man, I feel like a dumbaxx - that's why I could never figure out what people were talking about on the threads about non-removable decks - it was the 2045's NOT the 2145's - I don't have any 2045's and always thought the 2145's didn't look any tougher than the 5591's.....

Now if I could only source refer decks for these things that didn't cost $850 ea., I'd be set!

2045s have the sideways mounted condensors that the evaporators don't pull out of.  2145s have single or dual condensers that the complete unit will come out of but they are a lot of work to remove. The 2 bottom shelves come out then the metal shrouds in the back corner come out, then it gets real messy fom there. I've done many of them but its way too complicated to write out here.  Pay a pro to do it while you watch.  Plan on spending $800-1000 for a rebuilt condensing unit and maybe the labor to swap it.  The compressor bell housings are really expensive because of the BTUs they put out.  It's actually more cost effective to buy a new factory unit with a 5 year warranty than rebuild one for the same price and only get a 1 yr warranty.

It's not cost effective to buy new if you have someone who can repair and replace it who knows what they're doing and is fair and reasonable with their prices.  ;D  There is no guarantee it needs a new compressor just because it isn't cooling, and even if it does, it's a $600-$700 job worst cast for me with a new compressor.  Just be sure you can trust whoever you hire to do it, for a new or rebuilt deck, and be sure they actually do refrigeration.  I've had customers who have hired other refrigeration "techs" to come out and repair a cooling issue before, who couldn't even tell me the difference between the condenser and evaporator fan motors when I called to question them about the lousy job they just charged $500 to perform, and left the deck still not cooling.

Archived