Merlin IV Error Codes

EastWest

I just bought a used Merlin IV for an account and it is working perfectly accept that I want to clear the old error codes that scroll on the display after I open the door. I pushed the button on the control board and went to the errors menu and pressed enter... It displayed the first error but when I pressed enter again to see the specific error it wouldn't go to the sub menu and holding button 1 or button 2 doesn't clear the error... any thoughts?

I believe you have to press button 3 (or maybe 4) to clear the errors.  One of those should be enter (probably 3) and 4 should be exit.  I usually need to be at the site to know how to program the machines, but royals are usually 1 (scroll forward), 2 (scroll back), 3 (enter) and 4 (exit).  Holding 3 should clear one error at a time I think.

The Merlin IV is not the same as a Giii.  On the Merlin IV Button 1 is up, Button 2 is down, Button 3 is enter and hold button 3 for 2 seconds for exit, escape or return. To clear errors, you are supposed to hold either button 2 or button 1 for a few seconds. On my machine, this is not doing anything and I cannot get to the errors sub menu.

Archived