AMS Sensit Upgrade

EastWest

http://www.veii.com/Parts-Store/AMS/S1-TO-S3-CONVERSION-KIT-COMBO.html

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-8751-d24199-ams-sensit-1-to-sensit-3-upgrade-kit.aspx

You can't buy direct from AMS so you have to find a distributor.  If you have just a chilled snack the second kit might be for you but you should call AMS to get the correct part number for the kit that pertains to your configuration.  You can see that they will be expensive.

When i want to test a machine (to make sure the reader works and see if it reports cash sales), i hook it up without mounting the swipe.  I know within 1 minute if the reader works by swiping my card, and i know within 24 hours if it will report cash sales.  If you don't have a reader yet though, that's obviously not an option.

fhamann... here's a post from Sept 19 2017. This is exact problem you will face putting a card reader on a Sensit I.

I have an AMS 39-640 and just added a credit card reader. Once the credit card is used the display on the AMS shows "Credit 1.00".... and it won't go away until I turn off the machine. Everything on the machine still works perfectly, but the message is stuck.

USATech said I need to update the firmware. How is this done? Do I need to call AMS?

Thing I hate about the older AMS sensit 1 and some of the  sensit 2 models is that there's no way to easily clean the condenser coil. I like the version that has the opening in the doghouse to clean out the condenser coil

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Send in your old Sensit 1 board to Vendors Exchange.  They will upgrade the firmware and send it back in a week or so.  Cost about $50 to $75, I cant remember the exact price.  The machine now can use the USAT card reader, and reports cash sales.