DN 276E Coins sticking in chute before the coin mech

The coin chute on my DN276E takes a bit of a jog to the right before directing the coins into the coin mech.  The coins have started to jam up in this elbow (usually it's a dime that gets wedged but occasionally a quarter). I'm assuming that I need to remove the chute and clean it.  Is there an easy/best way to do this?  Also, is there any value to spraying the inside of the chute with silicone?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Kalleberg said:

The coin chute on my DN276E takes a bit of a jog to the right before directing the coins into the coin mech.  The coins have started to jam up in this elbow (usually it's a dime that gets wedged but occasionally a quarter). I'm assuming that I need to remove the chute and clean it.  Is there an easy/best way to do this?  Also, is there any value to spraying the inside of the chute with silicone?  Thanks.

The chute is two piece. Pry the cover off and you can access the two screws to remove the chute. Wash with Dawn dish soap, do not lube as it will attract dirt and become sticky.

It's probably scratched up from years of coins going through it so you should replace it.  The older they get the more brittle they get so you may also break the edges off when you take it apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any trick to installing a new chute & cover?  The original was light blue, semi transparent, semi flexible plastic with a built in liquid diverter. The new one was a hard clear plastic - no liquid diverter.  When both mounting screws on the chute were snug I wasn't able to get the cover installed.  There was a thin circuit board above the chute and no room to install the hard cover. does that board need to be loosened before installing the chute? (didn't have the right nut driver to do that)  I had to loosely tighten both screws and then get the top portion of the cover attached below the circuit board and then I was able to get the bottom screw tightened (but not the top one) It also took a bit of effort to get the lower tabs on the cover lined up and inserted.  I also found that there an occasional issue with coins dropping outside of the mech and had to rig a bit of a shield to prevent that from happening.  I'm thinking that my install attempt probably wasn't exactly correct.  Any suggestions ?

3 hours ago, Kalleberg said:

That would probably do it but I find it a bit hard to believe that they would deliberately make a part that doesn't fit (?)

Molds wear over time or are sloppily made.

For instance new production 501E delivery port trim is a lot harder to install than the original ones. The chamfer on the locking tabs that the lexan signface slides behind is completely misshapen on new ones.

Archived