New Deer Park 20oz bottles

We've been using the deer park 20oz bottle for a few years now with no problem.  I have noticed that the new bottle sometimes causes the bottles to sit crookedly but I haven't had any jamming problems as of yet.  I did notice however that the older bottle came in packaging that read "It Vends", and the new packaging does not so I am wondering if I will run into trouble.

Even the old package that claimed "it vends" was pretty much a lie so this new bottle is probably going to be worse than the old bottle was.  Only the 16.0 oz bottle is really made for vending.

I got the 20 oz bottles to vend at least half way up the column.  I didn't try to fill it up though.  I have easy access to hard plastic bottles so I only go for those when I am in a pinch.

I called Nestle - they have a bunch of those regional brands like Deer Park, Ozarka, Ice Mountain, etc.  They said they were getting too many complaints about the old "It Vends" 20oz bottles so they removed the statement from the packaging.  Seems like if you fill a column only about half way it works fine.  All the way and you might have issues.  The new bottle is supposed to be similar but I cannot imagine that they just changed the bottle for no reason.  It was probably done to make them easier or cheaper (thinner??).  So far I've been stacking them in a DN276e to a point just above the half way point just like t he old version and I've had no problems with any vends.  Good luck.

The deer park has been getting stuck in my royal 650s. They get stuck halfway up leaving a gap underneath. I’ve noticed that the bottles seem bigger on one end than the other. So I started putting one in with the cap facing me and the next one with cap away from me to make them stack more evenly

Getting stuck halfway up means that your anti-friction sheets are either not there or not working.  The solution is to get food-grade sliicone and rub some on your anti-friction sheets (and/or replace the sheets) so that nothing bridges.  It isn't a problem with the deer park bottles but a problem with all plastic bottles as they naturally have a lot of friction.  Cans don't bridge.

A lot of people here vend a lot of cans, so the issue doesn't come up that often.  The issue and solution is the same for USI machines too (not the older serpentine styles though).

Archived