Bill Reader returns bills

I just tool over the snack machine at our firehouse. The bill reader takes a dollar but it almost sounds like it's not going in all the way. It does disappear, then comes back out. It doesn't get to that final "verump" sound. It's a SNACKSHOP 7000 with a MARS bill reader. Occasionally and I mean occasionally, it will accept the bill. Is this something I could change? I read some sites about belts and scan something or whatever. this isn't a business and our profit margin is pretty slim. If anyone has a few ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so taking something apart and putting it back together is something I'm confident I could do.

The easiest thing to do would be to have that bill validator refurbished.  It would most likely cost you around $125.  You could replace the bill validator but that will cost you a lot more.  You don't want to mess around with changing belts etc.  But if $125 sounds like more than your willing to put into it you could always just go change only.  Everybody at your firehouse would know that would need change so it shouldn't be a problem.  I've even had some accounts that would keep change on hand for their employees.

Maestro489, Thank You or the advice. I'm very new at this vending thing. Do I remove the bill collector as a whole? By that, I mean the scanner and the bill collector thing as a unit? Or just the scanner or just the actual box that collects the bills? Do you have any suggestions as to where to get it rebuilt? I'm in Philadelphia, PA. Is this an exchange thing or I send it out and they actually rebuild the same one? Coins only means we won't sell anything, LOL. Some guys use the soda machine for change but if they use a crummy old bill, it gets stuck and we can't sell anything from that machine so fixing the candy machine is really our best bet. It's a 125 dollar hit but I don't think it's that bad. Sorry for all the questions. I'm learning this thing as I go.

Are you getting any flash codes.  When the validator is working properly youll have a solid red light.  When its not it will flash a number of times.  ON the bill box it will indicate what that many flashes means.

It sounds like it might be a VFM brass colored model which you want to junk and replace with a MEI 2500 with a $500 bill box.  If it's already a 2500 validator then it needs to be rebuilt.

Since this is for a fire house, email me your info and I'll send a replacement VN2501U5E. If you are personally profiting from this, make a donation to the station. Louisiana takes care of its fire fighters {within reason}. 

gbruss <at> mmsalescompany <dot> com

Archived