Crane National Model 167 Snack Machine - Two Selections Don't Work

I have a Crane 167 with the following problem.  Everything works normally except selections E0 and E1.  The price is set to $1.  When I try to purchase product from E0 or E1, the display reads "Make another selection."  When I do a "test vend" from the internal keypad, I get the same message.  I re-seated the tray connector and changed the two vend motors and the problem remains.  What should I try next?

I've experienced problems with the tray boards that the tray harness plugs into. Those connectors are prone to bad connections as well.  Very inexpensive to replace and I have to agree, these are outstanding machines.

Check where the harness plugs onto tray board. Common to have a wire pull out of connection. If so, remove cap from connector, replace wire into open slot and replace cap tightly. 

Had one that was doing something similar. I tried adjusting the pins in the back and shimming up the boards. Finally realized the the latch on the left side was flipped around and wasn’t catching. I’ve also seen where the rollers wear and start to sag so it doesn’t make connection. 

Archived