FSI 3039 Control Board

I have a FSI 3039 snack vending machine and believe that I need a control board for it. The screen is blank. Are there any troubleshooting tips to confirm that it is indeed a control board problem? If not, where could I have the board rebuilt or find a good used one?

Let's not get ahead of yourself.  Why do you think you may need a board? Does the machine work properly and just won't display anything?  Are you getting power to the machine, board, coin mech or validator? Have you checked the circuit breakers or fuses?   

At this point I can't get the machine to work. Here is what I've found so far: When I turn on the switch to power the machine, the bill acceptor will cycle normally. It is a Coinco BA32SA model. When I attempt to insert a bill it will not pull it in. When I touch the keypads the piezo device on the circuit board will sound for every key that I touch on the keypad. When I depress the red button on the control panel, it will also sound. I am not getting any illumination of the LED indicator on the outer door but will occasionally see the LED's flash. What I'm attempting to learn is how to troubleshoot where the problem may lie. I measured the voltage to the bill validator and got 27 vac. The greatest voltage that I found on any terminal going to the coin mech was 25.6 vac. Coins cycle right through the coin mech. I've disconnected and reconnected all the harnesses thinking that perhaps there was a poor connection. 

Unplug the coin mech and validator.  Power it up and see what the display and keypad do.  If it's the same result then power off and disconnect the display, then test the keypad again.  If you do get one beep for every key then the keypad is probably good and then you need a logic board.

Archived