Thinking about purchasing a Bevmax 4

I've been really interested in the bevmax 4 lately for a few reasons. First of all, it seems as though they're very reliable based on a lot of people's experiences here.

Also, the range of products that can be vended seems very wide. 

My questions: are there any common problems anyone runs into with these machines? Also, I understand that they are in the range if 6-7000 brand new, but I can't seem to find anything used. If I do find something used as far as a bevmax 4 goes, are there any specific software updates that need to be made?

Currently the only Glass fronts I own are AMS visi combos, which I do like, but they do seem to run a little loud which I'm not the biggest fan of. 

A bevmax is a reliable glassfront compared to the royal vision and vendo vue but it is definitely less reliable than a new stack vendor such as a royal merlin 4 650 or a vendo v21.  Most stack vendors, even used, will usually never HAVE to be down very long.  Parts fail in all machines but one problem in a bevmax snd the whole machine could be out of order for a while.  However, they ARE reliable.  They should be used in accounts where a bank of 3+ machines are necessary.  If an account does over 20k/year, a new bevmax, new royal 650, and perhaps a new crane 6-wide would be able to handle all of the snack and soda demand possibly for an entire week before needing restocked.  The bevmax is, imo, best when paired up with another soda machine so you never have to worry about downtime.

Make sure the 2 part coin slot on the bevmax 4 lines up correctly, if not it will jam coins. Then you will find out its not as sturdy as the Royal when they break off the access door hinge bolt shaking it. FYI Coke has a ton of Royal vision machines out. I believe it is their go to glass front, at least around here.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Corvus Corax said:

Make sure the 2 part coin slot on the bevmax 4 lines up correctly, if not it will jam coins. Then you will find out its not as sturdy as the Royal when they break off the access door hinge bolt shaking it. FYI Coke has a ton of Royal vision machines out. I believe it is their go to glass front, at least around here.

I think it varies regionally.  Coke around here did buy some Royal Visions and they are still being used today, but it seems most of their newest glass fronts are BevMax 4s, and Coke does seem to be happy with them.  Coke seems to be in the process of retiring their DN5000s and replacing them with new BevMax 4s around here.  All Vendo Vues seem to be gone as well (Coke apparently wasn't happy with those machines).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input guys, I came across a used one for 2900, the guy claims it is a Bevmax 4 but I'm new to them so I'm not sure. I actually posted a topic sharing the picture of it, I'm a noob on here so I didn't realize I had any replies on this topic. 

Archived