New Location Gross Sales Expectation?

I got a new location and I am wondering about what kind of sales it should do per month.

Seems like a descent location so I figured I will put in a drink machine for them which is what they want.

The property management company showed me the location in person.

It's a 3 story small medical building.

A lot of the workers there complained saying they don't have a vending machine.

Drink machine would go on the 1st floor.

Total roughly around 40-50 employees and around 100 patients from what the property guy told me.

They have 3 business' on the 1st floor, 1 larger business on the 2nd floor and 3 on the top 3rd floor.

The employees I guess are mainly white collar, but the amount of patients there might make it worth it to place a drink machine for them.

I only get 60 inches of width space.

I am thinking about putting in a narrow drink machine for them for now and then maybe add a 3 wide snack later if it does good.

Any thoughts?

Whats the most you guys would invest in this situation?

It’s not going to do great.

White collar office folks are notorious for complaining that they don’t have vending, then not using the machines once placed.

If you have equipment laying around I’d try it. Otherwise pass.

I completely agree with orsd.  White collar people often feel entitled to the nicest, newest equipment, and typically complain way more than blue collar while also spending less.  Excuses include things like "you don't have enough variety", "everything is unhealthy", "you charge too much", "the machines look old", "the machines never work", and so on...  The same individuals might have an empty McDonald's bag on their desk and they may have paid $10 for a value meal and a McCafe item, but they don't care.

Having said that, expect $35-$100/week, with $50/week being more realistic... That is soda and snacks combined.

Sometimes buildings will surprise you.  If you have lots of smokers they will go outside a lot and if they pass the machines often they will stop.  Hope if does great for you.  

13 hours ago, Poplady1 said:

Sometimes buildings will surprise you.  If you have lots of smokers they will go outside a lot and if they pass the machines often they will stop.  Hope if does great for you.  

That's very true.  I see this a lot at one of my stops and the machine stays empty.  

I definitely would not count the PATIENTS in this.  You will NOT pick up much volume from them, if any.  I mean, do you look for the vending machine when you go to the doctor?  Just look at the 40-50 employees (if that is accurate) for your sales.  White collar locations are also notorious for OVER estimating their employees, and I believe it is because they know that they are low volume and will not get a vending machine if they tell you that they really have 20-30 employees.  If you have the equipment available, it never hurts to try, but I would certainly go in with lower expectations.  Just my 2 cents.  :) 

Yep to the above, stick to cans for the shelf life and maybe use a larger machine if you have one so you can extend the service intervals.   If you have to buy a machine, look for a good deal of course, but remember the machine isn't going to be married to the location, you can always relocate it somewhere better later on if this location is really bad...

Archived