Crane 780 double vending

Hi

I have a Crane 780 chillled food machine that is double vending on one of the rows.  I test vended selections on other rows and they were fine,,,any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks

javaman

If your machine has surevend that product might be slipping past undetected just because of how it falls. Moving that product to another row or even installing a kicker on the coil may work.

5 hours ago, Javaman said:

It is vending 2 products in one selection all limited to that single row.

Yeah, I can only think of two scenarios here.  One, you have a drop sensor and a product keeps getting hung up just barely, and the motor turns just enough to let the first and second item fall, but you would be able to see that yourself.  Second, you have a spiral that's setup with a divider in it so it is only designed to make a 1/2 turn and it's making a full cycle each time resulting in 2 vends.

If it makes 2 full turns and stops every time, I have absolutely no idea why a machine would do that.  If it did it a lot but not every time, I would assume the motor switch is just bad.. if it has a motor switch.

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Yeah, I can only think of two scenarios here.  One, you have a drop sensor and a product keeps getting hung up just barely, and the motor turns just enough to let the first and second item fall, but you would be able to see that yourself.  Second, you have a spiral that's setup with a divider in it so it is only designed to make a 1/2 turn and it's making a full cycle each time resulting in 2 vends.

If it makes 2 full turns and stops every time, I have absolutely no idea why a machine would do that.  If it did it a lot but not every time, I would assume the motor switch is just bad.. if it has a motor switch.

What he said. 

Archived