501R

R just means Round front.  Both the 501T and 501E can do cans 3-deep.  And any 501 can be single price or multiprice.  However, if it were a 501E, i think it would say 501ER but i am not sure.  The easiest way to tell a 501E from a T is if it has 8 columns or 9.  Generally, the 501T larger selection buttons on the front while the E has 9 smaller buttons all in one row.  There are some crazy exceptions on selection buttons but the 501E always has 9 columns inside and the 501T always has 8.

The R designation was put on Gatorade and Veryfine juice fronts and they include smaller than standard select buttons so normal labels don't fit them without trimming.  They are predominantly T models but if ER designated then they are E models.

I actually had a couple of 501ER's that were apparently originally made for Zephyrhills (Nestle) water. Completely E model sheet metal on everything, standard E model buttons and fronts. Both started as single price. One had a half done multiprice conversion that I finished, other one I junked due to vandalism.

I would buy 501ER's all day at that price.

Unless they are missing literally everything, they are worth at least that. The one I junked was literally stripped clean, had a damaged door, and the old E series cabinet style.

Archived